IT Manager i
Country : USA
State : California
County : Riverside County
Town : Moreno Valley
Category : IT - Web
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Manages a high-performance team of employees and 3rd party service providers in the support of existing and future distribution center production systems, and in the execution of new technology or infrastructure projects.
- Provides Hands-on leadership of the DC IT Operations Team in the day-to-day assessment, installation, monitoring and maintenance of end-user computing hardware and software, mobile devices, handheld RF devices, and wireless infrastructure.
- Maintains a strong working relationship of trust with local DC Operations leadership and associates.
- Works closely with DC Operations, Maintenance, Training and other DC Support Teams to ensure maximum system uptime and DC Operations.
- Provides coaching and direction to direct reports to empower them to provide superior internal customer service to Distribution Center users.
- Encourage the growth of all direct and/or indirect reports through skills development, objectives and goal setting. Hold direct reports accountable for meeting performance standards and departmental performance goals; mentor staff; measure staff performance and complete regular performance reviews and rankings.
- Ensures end user incidents are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Partners with other IT Leaders within the organization to oversee operation of the company's technology infrastructure, including: Networking, Software Engineering & Development, Data Management, Client Computing, Security / Compliance and Help Desk.
- Maintains open communication to IT Sr. Management to keep them apprised on DC IT support and project issues.
- Identifies new methods of improving system performance and stability.
- Drafts, updates, and maintains DC IT Operation standard operating procedures.
- Monitors and track IT assets purchased. Keep asset inventory up-to date and track lifecycle.
Sr. Systems Administrators
Assistant System Administrators
- Communication (Verbal and Written)
- Conflict Management
- Time Management
- Motivating Others
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Problem Solving
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- 5-10 years' experience as an IT Operations Manager overseeing a team of 3-5 employees.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced IT environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize time and tasks with little direction in order to complete work on schedule.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to bring order to complex and competing demands.
- Proven skills in leadership development and team building. Ability to share expertise to team in order to motivate and coach them to improve their performance.
- Hands-on leadership style with strong analytical problem-solving skills to help the team in complex problem solving and project execution.
- Exemplary customer service skills and communication etiquette.
- Demonstrated exceptional professionalism in communication, demeanor, and teamwork with customers, peers, and management.
- Experience working with stakeholders to communicate issues while balancing business expectations.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary.
- Experience in a Distribution environment.
- Project Management experience.
- Microsoft, Cisco, or other IT Professional Certifications.
- Extreme / Aruba Wireless expertise.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting to 50 pounds.
May require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.