IT Manager i (Host Security Delivery)
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Dublin
Category : IT - Web
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Responsible for evaluation, selection and implementation of solutions to address current and future business needs. Internal business consultant in the support of the company's IT capabilities and services. Highly visible role with IT executives and directly interface with the business community.
- Manage project delivery resources of security architects, engineers, analysts and operators, and prioritize project and operational work efforts.
- Coordinate project delivery efforts with other teams such as security operations, network operations/architecture, governance & risk, technology engineering/& build. . Interprets requirements and develops project plans for implementation. Manage scope, schedule and budget. Produce metrics to measure project performance and manage budget forecasts.
- . Execute projects to meet strategic and tactical plans, implement solutions manage service transition and stakeholders.
- Serve as project delivery issue escalation and communication point for security delivery challenges. Communicate project and operational metrics.
- Assist with management of a multi-million dollar budget (capital and expense). Maintain relationships with vendors.
- Conflict Management
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Motivating Others
- Dealing with Ambiguity
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive IT experience
- Minimum 2 years in supervisory position of security related staff/projects
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff remotely, across multiple time zones
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and handle critical situation, negotiating solutions, resolving conflicts, and driving projects to completion
- Demonstrated ability to execute basic financial analysis, such as ROI
- Technically competent; able to supervise internal programmers, analysts, consultants and external vendor resources
- Undergraduate degree in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline
- Professional Characteristics/Motivators:
- Outstanding communication listening skills
- Able to articulate issues, build consensus around recommendations, and define next steps
- Team oriented, yet able to work independently
- Customer focused
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Good understanding and knowledge of End-point/Host security concepts, processes and general trends in the industry
- Experience with delivery of specific technologies to secure endpoint systems i.e., anti-malware, advanced threat detection, security incident & event management(SIEM), behavior analytics, mobile threat management and endpoint detection and response.
- Experience architecting. designing, building Host infrastructure; leading or participating in their day-to-day project delivery activities;
- Conceptual and practical understanding of IT Infrastructure designs, technologies, products, and services. This should include knowledge of networking protocols, operating systems, databases, encryption, and other technologies.
- Undergraduate degree
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Engineer I, II or III
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.