IT Manager i (Portfolio Process Management)
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Dublin
Category : IT - Web
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
GENERAL PURPOSE: The IT Manager I in the Portfolio Process Management team (SDLC tools & process) will work with the entire IT organization to drive delivery of continuous improvement opportunities. Examples of near-term initiatives include implementation of a new Project Management tool for IT, establishing a Document Repository, and identifying value added SDLC improvements. This position will interface directly with all delivery and support groups along with IT Leadership to identify and improve processes. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to identify continuous improvement opportunities by understanding strategic vision, at the same time be able to break the vision down to actionable objectives/tasks (with attention to details). Drive to implement the identified opportunities and assist with organizational adoption of the same.
- Experience with delivering projects in IT and good understanding for Systems Development Life Cycle. Should have managed end to end implementation.
- Keen eye to identify process gaps, prioritize, align, communicate, and implement improvisation.
- Ability to collaborate with wide range of stakeholders and bring them together to rally change and adoption.
- Demonstrated history of engaging internal customers, including listening, influencing, translating details into understandable concepts and building consensus.
- Understand various SDLC processes (security, funding, architecture, service transition, TCO) and PMO governance. Understand inter-process dependencies.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives, self-prioritize and provide recommendations.
- Must be able to quickly establish credibility at all levels of the organization including senior-level business executives.
- Good at customer service, support and problem solving.COMPETENCIES:
- Drive for Results
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Conflict Management
- Problem Solving
- Customer FocusQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- At least 5 to 10 years' IT experience within a Fortune 500 or similar IT environment
- At least 5 years of experience in delivering projects using SDLC methodology and implementing tools
- Strong background in project management, process improvements, training, drive adoption
- Bachelor's Degree, Project Management Certifications, or equivalent years of related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skillsPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
- Occasional travel to our NYC office.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:n/a DISCLAIMERThis job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.