IT Senior Manager, Enterprise Architecture
Country : USA
State : California
County : Alameda County
Town : Dublin
Category : IT - Web
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Responsible for defining and maintaining strategic technology roadmap and plans. Participate in IT 5-year planning and annual budgeting process.
- Provide architecture and technology consultancy for Application and Technology portfolio planning. Manage the delivery of strategic business, application and technology architecture on projects to deliver desired business outcomes.
- Engage and supervise architects in the development of the architecture (application and technology) roadmap that aligns with the strategic objectives of business units and the different technology groups.
- With business or IT partner support, manage competing demands through negotiation and compromise to ensure that the holistic needs of the organization are met. Brings knowledge of Retail industry best practices and applies that information in discussing solutions that may address those needs.
- Manage and provide leadership to a cohesive team of architects, external experts and consultants.
- Performs business analysis activities at the strategic, operational, and organizational level; working with key partners in the continual improvement of processes within the company. Takes the leadership role in exploring and analyzing new applications in the marketplace, technology and infrastructure services.
- Ensure work produced by the team is aligned with other Enterprise, Application and Portfolio architects, providing holistic enterprise solutions.
- Ensure completion of Architectural and project deliverables on time and under budget and that anticipated business outcomes are achieved
- Create solution designs that leverage Ross architecture standards and services that can meet key project design criteria (Availability, Recoverability, Scalability, Performance characteristics) and can be properly supported by the IT engineering, support and operations teams throughout the project's lifecycle.
- Provide architectural and technical input for definition, estimation and delivery of projects
- Drive Enterprise Architecture process and evangelize the architecture community of practice
Solution Architect II
Solution Architect I
- Communication (Written and Oral)
- Drive for Results
- Coaching & People Development
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Customer Focus
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Enterprise Architecture and 15 years combined in delivering IT Technologies, Solution architecture, or systems
- Demonstrated Retail Enterprise Architecture experience. Technically competent; able to supervise enterprise architects, solution architects, consultants and external vendor resources
- Experience in a variety of application and business architecture areas - Retail domain (Supply chain, Stores, Merchandising, etc.), COTS/ Package solutions (Oracle, JDA, Manhattan, etc.), Business capability modeling, Emerging retail technology.
- A solid understanding of industry best practices in Retail and IT - ARTS, NRF models etc.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and handle complex issues, drive negotiations of solutions and to resolve conflicts
- Demonstrated 4 years of experience in managing a team of enterprise architects, solution architects and consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to execute basic financial analysis, such as ROI, and TCO
- Undergraduate degree in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline
- Work experience with major retailer or via technology consulting company
- Project management experience is a plus
- Experience with industry architecture frameworks, TOGAF or ZACHMAN
- Experience working with IT System Integrators and Software vendors
- Graduate degree
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.