IT Toc Specialist
Tiffany & Co. is currently seeking an IT TOC Specialist in Parsippany, NJ. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the reliability and serviceability by monitoring large computer systems, networks and servers for alerts and problems from a central location. This role requires availablity to work flexible shifts that will include nights\weekends.
The IT TOC Specialist will monitor the performance and capacity of computer systems using a variety of tools, proactively checking for hardware, software, and environmental alerts or malfunctions. When an issue is identified, s/he will work to escalate the problem to respective IT support groups. This may include coordinating with IT Managed Services vendors. This position will also be responsible for reacting to IT services impacting events, escalating the problem, or automating a possible solution. S/he will closely follow the standard operating procedures as they relate to current infrastructure monitoring, track and document all issues in detail utilizing the Service-Now ticketing system. The IT TOC Specalist will be the 'hands and feet' for the Data Center Tape Management, and escalate issues to IT support resources for assistance in reaching a resolution, as well as maintain ongoing communication within the support teams, to keep aware of relevant, known issues and the steps being taken. The position will also ensure that all TOC procedures and policies are up to date and are available for use by all members of the team, assisting in automating, and managing availability of all the environments in scope, and maximizing availability of the IT infrastructure through continuous improvement and proactive, preventative automation. Lastly, the role will be responsible for the ownership of CMDB automation. This department will be in service 24/7/365. Shift for this position is Tuesday-Saturday, 3:00pm-11:30pm, however, rotational hours are required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of monitoring and operations principals
- Ability to work a flexible/rotating schedule in a team covering 24x7x365
- Ability to decipher system, server or network alerts, events or issues and escalate accordingly
- Available to work flexible shifts that will include nights\weekends
- Data Center Operations Support experience preferred
- iSeries Monitoring preferred
- AIX Monitoring (Xymon) preferred
- Windows/Linux Monitoring (SCOM, SMARTS, CM12) preferred
- Application monitoring experience preferred
- Automation job scripting preferred #LI-POST7