Junior Associate Art Director
We are growing our Creative team and are looking for an experienced Junior Associate Art Director! In this role you will be a highly collaborative, hands-on visual expert who thrives in a creative and fast paced environment, and has a track record of leading teams that produce dynamic visuals across a variety of platforms. As part of our in-house team, the Junior Associate Art Director will assist the Chief Creative Officer in maintaining the integrity of our visual style, while finding new and exciting ways to expand our use of existing design elements. From the conceptual stage to final production and delivery, this individual brings keen strategic thinking, an exacting aesthetic and sharp attention to detail to both print and digital design. Our Junior Associate Art Director will also lead the packaging design team, ensuring the Too Faced brand DNA is cascaded throughout all design elements of Too Faced.
The position is based in our Corporate HQ office in Irvine, CA. Remote work not an option.
Work closely with the Chief Creative Officer to carry out the company’s strategic visionAccountable for executing the Chief Creative Officer’s creative vision by overseeing the visualization, conceptualization and design of all creative campaigns, with a heavy concentration in packaging and illustration assets across all channelsProvide accurate, thorough and timely feedback on design elements for campaigns to Sr Creative Manager, ensuring that the Too Faced brand identity is maintained through all mediumsEstablish and follow workflow and sign-off protocols to ensure final deliverables are error-freeOversee team of packaging designers that design, create, layout, and build beautiful and innovative packaging and graphics for best in class beauty productsProduce digital illustrations (raster & vector) to be used on product components and packagingWork hand-in-hand with the marketing team to guide the art component of content, both working within the framework of established concepts and suggesting new avenues for proposed storiesExtend existing visual systems/brand guidelines across all mediumsInstitute a process to ensure creative approval deadlines are met according to established calendared deadlinesElevate team development and provide quality assurance for creative deliverables
- B.A. or B.F.A. in Graphic Design or relevant creative field
- 8+ years’ experience within a creative environment across a variety of practices in design
- Able to graciously deliver and accept feedback, translating it into creative output
- Proficient in Adobe Creative
- Passion for the beauty industry
- Must have raster & vector illustration experience / talent
- Extremely organized with an excessive attention to detail, an outstanding communicator and a solutions oriented problem solver by nature
- Resourceful and knowledgeable of Beauty / Fashion retail market trends and new trends/technology
- Able to think and work strategically, able to plan ahead and foresee opportunities
- Comprehensive knowledge of concept development, design and all phases of production