Knits & Sweater Designer
Modern preppy menswear brand in Saint Tropez since 1976
Knits & Sweater Designer-
To design desirable, innovative and quality garments that meet the Cremieux aesthetic and distinguish the Cremieux from its competitors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
•Work with design director team to create product that fits the design brief and is brand appropriate.
•Create presentation moodboards, colorboard and research boards for meetings with design team.
•Participate in design meetings and manage updates and line lists post meetings.
Present collection to buyers during Buyer’s week
Communicate with vendors to develop all product
Create BOM and TPs
•Computer sketch design ideas to present to design director and buyers.
•Be proactive in finding new research, contemporary or vintage, actual or tear sheets
•Design and develop washes
•Work with Fabric/trim teams to developments new and innovative items.
•Manage product H/O’s,
•Work with manager to adhere to corporate calendar timing.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Minimum of 3 years industry experience in Knits and Sweater Design.
• High Experience with Illustrator, Photoshop.
• Knowledge of performance and technical pattern making, garment construction, fit and execution.
• Ability to select and develop fabrics and trims applicable to the product
• Knowledge of Product Development, Merchandising and Product Management
• Able to work well with others to build a solid, positive work environment and be extremely organized.
• Be able to communicate with senior teams, new found inspiration, product direction and industry trends for each designed product. Partner across functional depts., including buyers, technicians, sourcing and other teams
Travels possible 2-4 times a year
Graphic design is a big plus
French a plus