Lead Digital Compliance Analyst
Country : Japan
State : Tokyo
Town : Tokyo
Category : Consulting - Audit
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Nike, we understand that it takes a lifetime to build consumer trust and a moment to lose it. We work hard to earn and maintain that trust every single day - by treating our consumers with respect, and by delivering world-class, innovative products and experiences that are useful, intuitive, and exceed their expectations. Nike’s Global Privacy Team is critical to building and maintaining that trust. We collaborate with business partners to ensure respect for consumer data and privacy are embedded within every product and experience. We help teams understand the importance of privacy while giving thoughtful, clear, and actionable guidance.
NIKE, Inc. is on a mission to evolve our digital business and our Global Privacy Team. We’re looking for world-class talent to join our diverse, passionate, and purpose-driven team. If you’re dynamic, action-oriented, collaborative, thoughtful, and have deep technical privacy experience, you’ll fit right in with the team that helps Nike earn and deserve consumer trust.
About the role
Establish close relationships with all key stakeholders: legal, marketing, technology, product, retail, operations and business decision-makers. From this position, you will be involved in the review of new experiences or products whose aim is the collection or use of data from all data subjects. You will be operating as the sole member of the privacy team in Japan, but supported by the team in World Headquarters, by your global colleagues, and the local legal department. Your responsibility will include not just experiences in Japan, but also in other parts of Asia, including South Korea. Your mission is to ensure that proper privacy controls are included as part of the design and build process. Through your analysis you will be delivering guidance to ensure Nike, in your region, is operating consistent with Nike privacy principles, as well as regional laws. You will be encouraging privacy best practices through consistent analysis, feedback, and follow-through with marketing, technology, product, retail and operations teams. Critical to your success will be your ability to liaise with other team members and with the Legal department to maintain subject matter expertise, contribute to team knowledge, and maintain consistency with our business partners.
* Through your analysis, deliver guidance to ensure consumer experiences and internal data collection are consistent with Nike privacy principles as well as applicable laws.
* Encourage privacy best practices through consistent analysis, feedback, and follow-through with product and engineering teams.
* Liaise with other team members and with the Legal department to maintain subject matter expertise, contribute to team knowledge, and maintain consistency with our business partners.
* Act as the Nike Privacy representative for Japan and South Korea, in day-to-day activities with Nike business, legal, and technology stakeholders.
* Represent the needs of the APAC region back into the Global Privacy program.
* Bachelors’ degree. Degrees demonstrating focus on the intersection of technology, compliance and policy are particularly applicable. 5 years relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
* 5 years professional experience in a role involving privacy, compliance, or information security. Experience working with, and influencing, business leaders in promotion of consistent practices and policy and tenacity in achieving goals while maintaining good relationships. Experience working with Information Technology teams and experience working with legal concepts, particularly as it affects digital experiences.
* Understanding of development practices producing high-availability consumer-facing applications preferred.
* A passion for privacy and good judgment about the expectations of average technology users.
* Strong ability to communicate the importance of privacy as a business differentiator and core value provided to consumers beyond legal compliance.
* Able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced IT environment, where willingness to learn and adapt is critical.
* Fluency in English (minimum TOEIC 800+) required and proficiency in Japanese, Korean or other major Asian languages will be highly regarded.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: NIKE is not accepting candidate submissions from recruitment agencies NIKE does not have existing contracts with. NIKE will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring of candidates whose resumes were submitted to NIKE employees or NIKE offices without NIKE’s prior permission.