Lead IT Security Engineer - Encryption
Country : USA
State : Oregon
County : Washington
Town : Beaverton
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a Lead IT Security Engineer. This role will use extensive knowledge of international standards, industry best practices, professional experience, collaboration and good judgment to advise on the information security strategic roadmap. This role collaborates with Security Strategy, governance and Operations team to stand up security tools in support of improving the organization's security risk posture. The ideal candidate must be willing to collaborate with various business and technical teams to implement the right solution.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
If this is you, you'll be working with the Data Protection team and performing these key tasks:
- Implement enterprise encryption services in support of data protection strategy
- Work with Business IT teams to continually improve the security posture of their applications
- Create sustainable security solution framework to allow secure technology standardization
- Work with peers throughout Nike Inc to collect input on needed security capabilities
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
You will work with Technical and Business teams across the global Nike enterprise.
This role reports into the Data Protection team within Corporate Information Security.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related filed, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of information technology experience with a minimum of 5 years in an information security related role
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Knowledge of information security standards, principles and practices
- Hands on experience with data encryption technologies
- Familiarity with browser and application keystores, OpenSSL
- Demonstrated hands on experience in implementing the following security solutions:
- PKI/Hardware Security Modules/KMIP/Certificate Management/Cryptography
- Database/Application encryption using vendor products such as Vormetric, Voltage, Safenet Gemalto etc.
- Enterprise Key Management, distribution and administration.
- Operate as a technical subject matter specialist
- Hands on development experience with C, C++ or Java is a plus
- Outstanding communication, ability to explain complex concepts in plain language and graphics
- The ability to learn quickly with solid attention to details
- Excellent organization, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to analyze business use cases and identify the necessary security needs to mitigate risk
- Ability to balance and prioritize work
- Must be trustworthy in keeping sensitive data confidential
- Team Player exhibiting professional maturity, personal integrity, and excellent Interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter who is creative with a 'can-do' attitude