Lead Network Security Engineer
Country : USA
State : Oregon
County : Washington
Town : Beaverton
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We're looking for a Lead Network Security Engineer. This role is part of a team that is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining security technology roadmaps that provide an effective security framework allowing Nike to move rapidly but securely into new business enabling technologies. The candidate should have extensive knowledge of international standards, industry standard practices, professional experience, collaboration and good judgment to implement a business focused information security strategic roadmap!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you'll be working with our Network & Endpoint Security team and performing these key tasks:
- Work with Business IT teams to continually improve the security posture of their application and solution portfolios.
- Contribute to the development of a multi-year business focused IT Security Solution Roadmap
- Contribute to the development of an annual Security roadmap outlining key initiatives in support of the Nike Information Security Strategy
- Provide input into the creation of the annual IT Security budget
- Implement a sustainable network security framework to allow secure technology standardization across multiple Nike business segments.
- Develop business cases for the adoption of new technology, standards and processes.
- Review projects for security concerns and provide security guidance to business partners
- Work with peers throughout Nike Inc. to collect input on needed security capabilities
- Gain understanding of the effectiveness of security policies and technologies.
- Support management in understanding architectural and operational information risk within/against Nike
- Knowing the latest on security technologies, trends, standards and standard practices
- Continually update relevant security skills
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
This role is part of the Network & Endpoint Security team within Corporate Information Security. You will work with the Director of Network & Endpoint Security, and will frequently interact with Technology Operations, Corporate Information Security, NDO, and our business teams.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related filed, or equivalent work experience
- Expert knowledge of information security standards, principles and practices
- Expert knowledge of securing various network types including managed data centers and cloud-based networks.
- Demonstrated relevant security expertise in implementing secure solutions and services for a mix of the following areas:
- Network Devices/ Server Operating Systems (Windows / Linux) Workstation Operating Systems (Windows / MacOS) Cellular/Mobile Device technology / Storage Devices / Virtualization / IDS&IPS Technologies / SIEM Technologies Secure/ Encryption / PKI / Identity Management/Certificate Management/File Integrity Monitoring / SD-WAN / Zero Trust Networks / Network Architecture / IOT, ICS / Cloud CSPs (Azure, AWS, GCP...etc)
- Knowledge in the following areas are highly desirable:
- Secure Web Gateways/Data Loss Prevention/ Application Security / Database Security (Oracle/MySQL) Compliance - SOX, PCI, ISO 27001 Cloud / Colocation / Cloud Technologies / Forensics / Cyber Intelligence National and International Privacy laws and regulations
- Proficient at the techniques that go into the implementation of solution architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and implementation.
- The ability to assess risk and translate it to business relevant considerations and facts
- The ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Proven analytical and problem solving ability
- Superior communication, ability to explain complex concepts in plain language and graphics
- Excellent organization, and interpersonal skills with the ability to appropriately communicate and translate complex security risks to dollars
- Ability to balance and prioritize work
- Must be dependable in keeping sensitive data confidential
- The following certifications are strongly preferred: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)