Los Angeles Senior Manager, Maintenance
Country : USA
State : California
County : Los Angeles County
Town : City of Industry
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Online sales are booming at Macy's. Our Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customer's doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible - across the country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role you play - we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge that's right for you!
The Senior Manager, Maintenance and Engineering, under supervision of the Facility Senior Director, is responsible for the facility and building equipment. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain building and equipment in optimal, safe running condition at the lowest possible cost
- Promotes and ensures safety of staff and all other building colleagues.
- Train, develop and supervise Maintenance teams
- Develop and practice visionary goals that support operational customer support.
- Lead and develop internal technical support within the engineering staff.
- Maintain all MHE and PIT equipment within OEM safe operational specification.
- Develop cost effective maintenance, energy consumption, and operational improvements of facility and equipment.
- Lead and develop CMMS behaviors around Preventative Maintenance practices.
- Develop and ensure analytical troubleshooting and root cause analysis practices are followed.
- Purchase equipment, parts and contracted services.
- Work with outside regulatory agencies and consultants as needed.
- Provide estimates of cost for major repairs and capital improvements.
- Prepare scope documents and solicit proposals for repair and construction services from third party service providers.
- Budget Planning and management.
- Develop innovative cost effective ideas for improvement to existing material handling systems and create optimal product flow.
- Demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Any other responsibilities management deems essential.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from 4-year college or university preferred
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to solve problems as well as recognize issues and deal with them directly
- Prior distribution center experience
- Knowledge and experience with overall building operations and maintenance of entire facility including MHE power equipment and knowledge and understanding of PLC control systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items over 50 pounds.