Loss Prevention And Safety Supervisor
Country : USA
State : California
County : Kern County
Town : Shafter
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Assists in monitoring, reviewing and enforcing safety, health and environmental regulations. Ensures distribution center associates adhere to local, state and federal regulations, and notifies appropriate personnel when center is not in compliance or potentially is not in compliance.
- Assists manager regarding accidents including reviewing and following up on accident investigation reports and developing methods for preventing additional accidents.
- Assist manager in coordinating, monitoring and maintaining inspection records of fire protection equipment and in conducting monthly drills to maintain fire fighting readiness. Develops method for preventing fires and eliminating fire hazards.
- Supervises, trains, and reviews performance of loss prevention associates. Schedules, assigns and monitors the completion of assigned tasks.
- Assists manager in implementing and monitoring loss prevention policies and procedures in order to minimize theft, and assists in investigations in order to maintain a smooth work flow.
- Assists in managing contracted security officer performance and ensures their adherence to policies and procedures. Informs vendor agency of any issues or concerns and works in connection with vendor in order to facilitate resolutions.
- Participates in safety, shrinkage, and fire committees in order to assist manager in providing a safe and secure environment.
- Conducts risk assessments and provides feedback for physical security enhancements.
- Oversees daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly safety, shortage, security audit programs utilizing Wazauga. Creates new and improved audits which enhance current practices.
- Assist in designing and implementing Shortage Awareness Programs to be instructed to DC employees.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Technical/Functional Competence
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice or business administration preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the distribution or retail field.
- Three to five years of Distribution Center Loss Prevention experience preferred.
- Security Guard Card required. (California Only)
- Knowledge of environmental, safety, health and loss prevention practices and procedures desirable.
- Knowledge of OSHA and environmental rules and regulations.
- Effective written and oral communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of distribution center associates.
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret information and recommended solutions.
- Must maintain current certification in the following; 1) Basic First Aid, 2) CPR, 3) Oxygen administration, if applicable, and 4) Blood borne Pathogen.
- Successfully complete a detailed background investigation that may include the following; credit history, criminal history and motor vehicle driving history.
- Must be a person of integrity and possess the highest ethical standards.
Loss Prevention AssociatesContract Security Guard Force