Loss - Prevention Officer - Full - Time (Seasonal)
At Canada Goose, we are committed to producing the best extreme weather outerwear in the world.
We have been manufacturing innovative high quality outerwear in Canada for over 50 years. From South Pole research facilities and the Canadian High Arctic to the streets of New York City, Stockholm, Paris, Toronto, and Tokyo, people wear our products because of our reputation for quality, functionality and style. We’ve kept 100% of our production at home in Canada because we are committed to outstanding craftsmanship. We believe it’s critical to the integrity of Canada Goose and the quality of our products. We believe that no one can do it better. But there’s a more important reason than that.
Cold weather is part of our national identity, and there are no better judges of the quality of our products than those for whom they are designed — and by whom they were inspired. We’re proud to have Canadians rely on us for protection in unspeakably cold conditions. We stay in Canada because that’s who we are.
Ask Anyone Who Knows
The Concierge will maintain and ensure the safety and security of all staff and customers visiting the Canada Goose Soho location (9101 Wooster St, New York). This Concierge will greet customers, maintaining presence; patrol and inspect the store; and respond to all security and safety matters in a timely manner.
Act as a front line brand ambassador to customers and staff of Canada GooseBe visible to Customers as they enter the retail premise and control access to propertyAcknowledge customers as they enter and exit the propertyAssess and assist in the establishment of security protocols for the site, including emergency responseMaintain security presence to deter and detect potential loss prevention situationsIdentify, monitor and report any security threats on siteConduct regular security patrols on the shop floorEnsure the facility’s safety, and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and site emergenciesComplete daily occurrence reports and incident reports on a regular basisMember of the JHSC
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a position of or relating to security services, retail experience an asset
- Minimum of one year of experience in loss prevention is an asset
- Valid New York Security Guard License
- Security Diploma an asset
- Recognized and valid First Aid and CPR certificates an asset
- Knowledge of basic law and security procedures and citizen powers of arrest an asset
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Meticulous record keeping, report writing and observation skills
- Exceptional judgment, common sense and decision-making ability
- Good physical well-being and able to walk, run, stand for long periods of time, climb stairs and lift objects up to 20 lbs
- Storefront Retail location (101 Wooster St, New York)
- Available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekends