Macy’s Green Acres Mall, Valley Stream, ny: Jewelry Sales Supervisor
Country : USA
State : New York
County : Nassau County
Town : Valley Stream
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Drive and exceed sales goals and execute company initiatives by developing a highly engaged and knowledgeable sales team
- Maintain a consistent, high level of customer service within the Jewelry Complex. Consistently provide feedback on associate MAGIC behaviors partnering with leadership.
- Review reports, identify deficient areas and partner with Jewelry Business Manager and/or District Director to implement action plans.
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation; communicate advertising and sales information to Associates.
- Strengthen attendance and weekend hours compliance among staff.
- Motivate Associates to maximize company programs by reinforcing the benefits including but not limited to Worry No More & Star Rewards.
- Ensure usage & proficiency of the tablet, POS/ MPOS systems including but not limited to Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy's tablet app.
- Review your personal Scorecard monthly for your Sales, My Client, Worry No More & Star Rewards results.
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures.
- Ensure all jewelry policies, procedures, standards and Fine Jewelry operations are understood and followed by associates.
- Execute merchandising process and adhere to floor readiness standards.
- Coach Associates to consistently deliver effective selling behaviors resulting in high customer engagement.
- Review & utilize Associate Selling Actions Metrics (ASAM) to provide recognition; develop and communicate strategies to improve results partnering with leadership.
- Role model MAGIC selling behaviors leading selling initiatives such as Search and Send, My Client, Worry No More, BOPs and Fulfillment.
- Maximize training tools and resources available ensuring high level of product knowledge.
- Coach to Associate metrics weekly through daily informal observations defining one focus metric and behaviors to improve an individual metric.
- Ensure optimum sales floor coverage utilizing scheduling tools and resources. Work with district staffing resources for necessary scheduling edits to maximize results.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards; deliver a clean, neat and easy to shop store environment.
- Partner with Jewelry Business Manager and/or District Director to interview and employ selling focused Sales Associates
- Engage in Macy's recognition program; reward Associates with recognition cards
- Provide input to performance evaluations; ensuring Associates participate in the development of individual performance improvement plans
- Make recommendations on Associate promotion, advancement, talent development and termination
- Address Associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company
- Create a positive, inclusive work environment resulting in retention of the best people and turnover reduction
- Coordinate Associate vacation scheduling and paid time off
- Demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- A minimum of 1-3 years in a leadership/supervisory position in department store retail, or a related service industry required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Communication Skills:
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Mathematical Skills:
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator. Reasoning Ability:
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills. Physical Demands:
- This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.Other skills:
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must be able to work quickly and effectively to process large volumes of merchandise.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment. Work Hours:
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.