Macy’s Herald Square, New York, ny: Beauty Sales Manager - Bobbi Brown
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Develop your artistic side, create customized regimes and unique, beautiful looks from top beauty brands. You'll run the business like it's your own - but with the backing of America's premier omnichannel retailer. Talk about the best of both worlds!
Get top-notch paid training on our product lines as well as learn about new technology, trends, and techniques in the constantly evolving world of beauty. Get exclusive perks including samples of all kinds of amazing products and a regular product allowance to spend on your choice of full-size products (we call it "gratis," and you're going to love it.)
Find your perfect look helping others find theirs - explore beauty careers in retail and join our beauty team.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator and calculate percentages and ratios.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies. Effective prioritizing and time management skills.
- Physical Demands: This position involves regular walking, standing. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Other Skills: Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills. Ability to build partnerships and manage teams. Demonstrated ability to empower and develop a team. Ability to execute plans and strategies. Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities. Ability to anticipate and solve problems. Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint. Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards.
- Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays, and sales events, based on department and store/company needs.
The Beauty Sales Manager is a dynamic leader who inspires success by overseeing strategies related to business growth, market share and associate training in cosmetics and fragrance. The Beauty Sales Manager is responsible for meeting and exceeding business goals, coaching associates on how to sell across brands, personalize service and build clients as well as hiring, recruiting and performance management. In addition, partner with Store Manager and vendor partners to drive business. The Sales Manager should be people focused and prioritize the engagement of their team. Leads a team of Sales Supervisors, Experience Leader, Experts, and Beauty/Fragrance advisors.
As a Leader(Driving Results)
Drive the Strategies that connect the Beauty businesses priorities to the overall business, market share, and customer experience.
- Reviews and analyzes business performance and sales results to inspire teamwork to achieve sales goals.
- Sets priorities for the team and provide clear direction on how to achieve as well as define success.
- Understands product strategies and beauty trends by Quarter/Season.
- Creates and executes action plans based on the marketing calendar to achieve sales plan. Analyzes business performance to recommend and implement training and events that drive sales.
- Drive MyClient conversion and addition of new clients daily.
- Manage scheduling and staffing: Strengthen attendance and weekend hours compliance; leverage scheduling system.
Prioritizes the retention and growth of talent.
- Identifies associates with potential for growth and promotion to new assignments.
- Builds and trains to succession plans across brands.
- Leads team growth through consistent coaching. Ensures the team understands how performance is evaluated.
- Leads talent initiatives to foster a culture that is customer centric.
- Owns all performance management and talent initiatives.
- Leads recruiting and hiring for all Beauty team members.
As a Coach/Role Model
Empowers the team to drive sales, and elevate the customer experience through cross brand knowledge, application and awareness
- Models the elevated service skills and behaviors that promote a personalized customer experience.
- Provides regular, candid and honest feedback.
- Clearly articulates activities and behaviors that support meeting sales goals and a memorable Customer experience.
Promotes strong team engagement and encourages recognition.
- Asks questions, listens, and solicits ideas.
- Celebrates wins, provides recognition, and encourages recognition of success by all team members.
Models a curiosity to learn that drives both self and team development.
- Fosters an environment of Continuous learning through formal and informal Education and Training.
- Strong knowledge across all brands in cosmetics and fragrances. Encourages team to be Beauty-obsessed, stay current on trends, and share their favorite products/looks with peers.
- Encourage associates to demonstrate products and help customers achieve desired "looks". Provide Samples to customers
Builds enthusiasm during training that builds excitement for the product and the event.
- Inspire in store training by leveraging direct reports to prioritize customer and associate education on the key features of products across all brands.
- Onboard internal and external new team members.
- Encourages learning through demonstrations, vendor trainings and peer-to-peer learnings to promote staff excitement about current beauty trends.
- Communicate regularly with vendors, district merchants, planners regarding stock needs, customer preferences, and special events.
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.