Macy’s Herald Square, New York, ny: Cosmetics Training Manager - Lancôme
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Human Resources
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Develop your artistic side, create customized regimes and unique, beautiful looks from top beauty brands. You'll run the business like it's your own - but with the backing of America's premier omnichannel retailer. Talk about the best of both worlds!
Get top-notch paid training on our product lines as well as learn about new technology, trends, and techniques in the constantly evolving world of beauty. Get exclusive perks including samples of all kinds of amazing products and a regular product allowance to spend on your choice of full-size products (we call it "gratis," and you're going to love it.)
Find your perfect look helping others find theirs - explore beauty careers in retail and join our beauty team.
- Drive and exceed sales goals through effective selling floor leadership, coaching, and recognition;
- Exceed the Customer expectation, making Macy's the premiere global destination for beauty and fragrance;
- Drive Magic selling, coach Cosmetics associates to consistently deliver effective selling behaviors and grow sales and loyalty through My Client;
- Observe Cosmetics associates focusing on Magic Selling behaviors; ensure all employees are providing an outstanding shopping experience to all Customers and provide feedback as necessary;
- Ensure the Beauty Advisors and Counter Managers are fully trained on any new application techniques or initiatives;
- Coach the Beauty Advisors and Counter Managers to utilize any current training to reinforce building client relationships;
- Utilize Associate metrics to provide recognition and offer coaching; develop and communicate strategies to improve sales results;
- Collaborate with your Sales Manager and Store team to lead event execution and selling initiatives at your counter;
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentations; flawlessly execute all Company events and vendor specific promotions through attainment of pre-sell and/or appointment goals; - Communicate advertising and sales information to the team;
- Strengthen attendance and weekend hours compliance among staff; leverage scheduling system;
- Motivate Beauty Advisors to solicit the goal of Macy's Star Rewards program by reinforcing the benefits of new accounts;
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays and sales events based on department and store/company needs.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 2-5 years in a leadership/supervisory position in a service-driven environment required.
- Ability to read, write and interpret general business periodicals;
- Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to customers, vendors, buyers, peers, and all levels of management.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator and calculate percentages and ratios.
- Must be able to make change in American monetary units.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision. Must be able to anticipate and solve problems.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30lbs. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to empower and develop team, collaborate, and function as a member of a team, ability to execute plans and strategies.
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards.