Macy’s Manhasset, Long Island, ny: Sales Supervisor
Country : USA
State : New York
County : Nassau County
Town : Manhasset
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Drive and exceed sales goals by executing Macy's initiatives.
- Lead the push toward selling through coaching and recognition.
- Review reports, identify deficient areas and partner with Sales Manager to implement action plans.
- Identify best sellers and key items; communicate merchandise needs to optimize the My Macy's process.
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation; communicate advertising and sales information to Associates.
- Strengthen attendance and weekend hours compliance among staff
- Motivate Associates to solicit our Star Rewards Program by reinforcing the benefits of new accounts.
- Review your personal Selling Area Scorecard monthly for your Associate Turnover, Sales & Star Rewards results.
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
- Coach Associates to consistently deliver effective selling behaviors resulting in high customer engagement.
- Review & utilize Associate Scorecards to provide recognition; partner with Sales Manager to develop and communicate strategies to improve results.
- Observe Associates twice daily through formal observations focusing on selling behaviors; ensure Associates are providing an outstanding shopping experience to all customers.
- Coach to Associate Scorecard metrics weekly through daily informal observations defining one focus metric and behaviors to improve an individual metric.
- Ensure optimum sales floor coverage and lead selling initiatives throughout the store as required.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards; deliver a clean, neat and easy to shop store environment.
- Partner with Sales Manager to interview and employ selling focused Sales Associates.
- Engage in Macy's recognition program; reward Associates with recognition cards.
- Provide input to performance evaluations; ensuring Associates participate in the development of individual performance improvement plans.
- Make recommendations on Associate promotion, advancement, talent development and termination.
- Address Associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company.
- Create a positive, inclusive work environment resulting in retention of the best people and turnover reduction.
- Coordinate Associate vacation scheduling and paid time off for Sales Manager's total area of responsibility.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or comparable work experience.
- 1-2 years experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedural manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to empower and develop a team.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Ability to execute plans and strategies.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards.