Macy’s Nyc Metro District, Brooklyn, ny: Cosmetics Account Coordinator - Trend
Country : USA
State : New York
County : Kings County
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Develop your artistic side, create customized regimes and unique, beautiful looks from top beauty brands. You'll run the business like it's your own - but with the backing of America's premier omnichannel retailer. Talk about the best of both worlds!
Get top-notch paid training on our product lines as well as learn about new technology, trends, and techniques in the constantly evolving world of beauty. Get exclusive perks including samples of all kinds of amazing products and a regular product allowance to spend on your choice of full-size products (we call it "gratis," and you're going to love it.)
Find your perfect look helping others find theirs - explore beauty careers in retail and join our beauty team.
As a Leader (Driving Results)
Drives sales & traffic across total Macy's beauty by putting the customers' needs first and foremost, while interweaving store & vendor initiatives.
- Review and analyze brand business performance & sales results to inspire teamwork to achieve sales goals.
- Communicate line-assigned business opportunities to store & district partners through periodic recaps.
- Reinforce & support department objectives by connecting brand success with the overall growth of the Beauty department.
- Partner with District Merchant and Store Leadership to identify business driving opportunities.
- Works closely with Beauty Sales Manager and Sales Supervisor to set coaching priorities for the department.
- Support Store Leadership in hiring & recruiting Beauty team members at their assigned brand.
- Regular and dependable attendance & punctuality. PRODUCT
- Understand key business drivers. Skincare, makeup, and fragrances; Uses business acumen to identify local customer and what they want. Changes merchandising & visual display in order to speak to the local customer, and drive sales in the store.
- Assists SM by inspecting the accuracy of promotional presentation, notifies SM of needed changes; communicates advertising on counter and upcoming promotional cadence.
- Instills the initiative to use all Retail technology provided - IPAD, the Beauty Playground, MyClient, MyMacys apps and Brand specific tools & technology - with a focus on education and customer engagement.
- Drives MyClient - the addition of new clients daily and the conversion of text/email campaigns into sales.Education & Development
Empowers the team to become influencers to their customers by first training and then continuously demonstrating selling behaviors to create a loyal following of clients.
- Inspires each Beauty associate to create personal experiences for their customers - speaking to specific makeup tricks, creating looks and social trends - regardless of brand.
- Influences the Beauty associates to become experts in their product knowledge and artistry skills - and to use these skills to elevate the customer experience.
- Promotes continuous usage of Beauty Playground and seeks to increase competency and engagement with MyClient, POS enhancements, and all training apps on the beauty IPAD.
- Owns the execution of training for all Beauty associates in product knowledge of their brand - as well as seeking out opportunities to train the team on anything that will help ultimately drive sales. Partners with SM to coordinate scheduling.
- View each store as our customer does- with a total cosmetics perspective, and they share recognition & feedback in a manner that allows fast turnaround. Drives Events Strategy
Owns the conception & execution of brand events with the purpose of driving traffic into stores - from National promotions, product launches, GWPs and multi-brand events.
- Coordinates & executes National promotional & GWP events, as well as those driven by the Corporate team and Macys Style Crew. Leverages social media to increase brand awareness, and reach a broader audience.
- Collaborates with Sales Manager / Sales Supervisor to help create curated events specific to the nuances of the local customers' beauty fingerprint. Strategically aligns these events to the marketing calendar - and provides direction and execution guidelines to all Beauty team members.
- Effectively and consistently communicates events, books, and goals to store & district partners - follows up with recommendations on future events based on sales results & customer feedback.
- Encourages associates to demonstrate products and helps customers achieve desired "looks", ultimately creating a memorable experience. Provides samples to customers and designates follow-up touchpoints for future contact.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs, which may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- 1-2 years in a leadership/supervisory position in a service-driven environment. Cosmetics experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret general business periodicals.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to customers, vendors, buyers, peers, and all levels of management.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator and calculate percentages and ratios.
- Must be able to make change in American monetary units.
- Work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to anticipate and solve problems.
- This positon involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing. May involve standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- May involve lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills. Exceptional customer service skills. Goal-driven, with ability to multi-task.
- Must be creative in training of product knowledge and motivation of daily objectives.
- Must be creative and resourceful to execute in store events strategy.
- Ability to train, coach, and develop a team of highly successful associates. Enthusiastic, friendly, positive energy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities. Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles..
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to empower and develop team, collaborate and function as a member of a team, ability to execute plans and strategies.
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards