Macy’s Staten Island Mall, Staten Island, ny: Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Manager
Country : USA
State : New York
County : Richmond County
Town : New York
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Lead the store executive team in planning, Implementing, monitoring, and managing the store shortage prevention and awareness programs
- Develop relationships with Store, District and Regional executives to gain support towards achieving shortage goals
- Manage and monitor internal and external theft investigations, apprehensions and recoveries
- Analyze theft trends through utilization of available AP Reports, Systems and Technology
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness determined by audit results.
- Ensure that all AP policies and Procedures are thoroughly understood by AP team and executed effectively
- Manage and monitor payroll expense
- Support the preparation, take and reconciliation of annual inventory process
- Uphold Macy's commitment to fulfilling ideals of diversity, inclusion and respect that our company aspires to achieve, every day in every store and office, with every customer and associates.
- Role model exemplary service, lead Asset Protection team to provide an outstanding shopping experience
- Ensure selling floor merchandise protection standards are maintained; conduct AP audits and review for action opportunities
- Drive an awareness culture focused on prevention by ensuring the store population is educated on Asset Protection best practices
- Maintain safety awareness and a safe shopping and work environment for customers and associates
- Handle proprietary, sensitive and confidential information
- Recruit and develop qualified Asset Protection talent by creating and supporting a culture that values retention, career development and succession planning
- Achieve results through managing others, including direct reports who are often hourly associates and executives
- Address Associate concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company
- Foster relationships with local law enforcement and community leaders
- Support Macy's Brand values, including the commitment to community service opportunities and 'Give Back' opportunities
- Keep abreast of and strictly adhere to Macy's policies, procedures, code of conduct, and associate guide
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of supervisory or related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Efficient prioritizing and time management skills.
- Strong cognitive skills including problem analysis, decision making and strong quantitative analysis.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Ability to build partnerships, motivate and direct teams.
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards. - Proficient with use of Computers, including Windows operating system and Microsoft Office tools.