Location -Shelby Drive.
As our Maintenance Manager, you ll manage and maintain the material handling equipment with emphasis on conveyors, sortation, and rolling stock. You ll collaborate with (senior) management across the organization to understand their direction, objectives, and customer service requirements. You ll effectively communicate across the business matrix to maintain a working knowledge of department functions. You ll supervise and administer a staff of Maintenance Area Managers and administrative support including but not limited to hiring, making and problem solving resource to staff. You ll continually develop department credibility and seek feedback from clients to ensure the desired level of customer service is being provided. You ll maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory bodies including but not exclusive to OSHA.
You ll support the Capital Management of the facility while optimizing the performance of the Maintenance Team by providing the highest level of service (availability, etc.) at the lowest possible cost. You ll support ad-hoc projects as required to continue to develop the capabilities of the facility and the overall Maintenance Team. You ll be responsible for Recruiting, Coaching, and Developing a World-Class Maintenance Team. You ll drive Continuous Improvement throughout Maintenance Team resulting in improved reliability and performance at decreasing costs.
- Required: Extensive experience in facilities budget management, to include creating and managing annual Operating Expense (OPEX) budgets
- Must have experience with creating, and managing annual Capital Expense (CAPEX) budgets, and project administration from concept to completion
- Extensive knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and management of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Programs
- Familiar with various systems such as WCS, WMS, and PLC as well as basics of system architecture and large-scale project management
- Must be proficient with using MS Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc )
- Knowledge of Industrial Safety and Mechanical Engineering principles
- Experience with industrial safety programs to include LOTO, fall protection and basic Powered Motor Vehicle (PMV) safety is a must
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting AutoCAD 2D drawings
- Ability to demonstrate sound process improvement/excellence knowledge and principles
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as the needs of the business dictate. This is an on-call position.
- Preferred: Experience managing large maintenance teams and working in a multi-team environment in a medium to large sized distribution facility
- Preferred: Extensive experience working with Construction Contractors, and Microsoft Project