Country : USA
State : California
County : Los Angeles County
Town : Los Angeles
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Founded in 1994, AllSaints has built an international team that includes some of the best global creative talent, imbued with a winning combination of business and design thinking.
The brand's constant obsession is to deliver an immersive experience to our international customer base in a way that embraces each unique culture. AllSaints is proud of the fact that every aspect of the brand is curated in-house, from store design and construction to the East London based coding team, making AllSaints a truly agile business working with pace and integrity.
We recruit the best digital creative innovators and design thinkers across the globe to spread the AllSaints message of integrity and sophistication. Our People are the ambassadors for our brand.
We look for individuality, confidence and brand passion when we recruit. We seek talent with creative mindsets who are collaborative in their approach. Our brand ambassadors act with humility and treat those around them with respect. Obsessed with brand experience, we constantly strive to develop the brand and customer journey. By 2020, our aim is to lead the industry with best in class talent.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
- Customer Centric - We work as one proud team to get the best for our customers
- One Team - We are joined up and encourage others to share their ideas
- Work at Pace - We know our goals, and we work with clear outcomes in mind
- Take Responsibility - We are self-aware, understand the impact we have on others and are positive about the future
- Oversee all facilities, maintenance and building operations for North America corporate offices, distribution center and retail locations (including electrical, HVAC, and ADA, OSHA compliance and Policies/Procedures)
- Manage third party relationships to ensure best Service Level Agreements are met in line with Brand values, serving as project manager on improvements and repairs
- Responsible for reviewing and taking action regarding the day to day facilities/maintenance issues on the North America platform.
- Point of contact for all North America stores and LA Studios for new store builds, relocations and closures in partnership with vendors and Operations.
- Proactive with processes and consistent review of HVAC, Fire/Life/Safety and Elevator contracts and maintenance to avoid shut down or any other long term issues.
- Develop best practices to resolve maintenance issues.
- Responsible for all proposals to fix any maintenance issues. Responsible for contacting vendors, requesting bids, negotiating contracts and pricing and overseeing the entire job once in progress.
- Propose fiscal maintenance budgets to Managing Director.
- Manage budget throughout the fiscal year, knowing how to manage priority issues and escalating urgent maintenance issues that may impact trade.
- Record management of all maintenance issues, invoices and vendor scope of work to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for leading all maintenance tasks including remodels, lighting projects, store redesign, storefront remodels, exterior and interior decoration, relocations.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years in lead or supervisory role
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to multitask, time manage and be flexible
- Strong customer service attitude and ability to work with all levels of the organization from store team to executive team
- Ability to react quickly to a changing environment or direction, delivering results effectively and with pace
- Use sound judgment and make key decisions when needed
- Can work independently and in a team environment
- Confident, proactive and able to think creatively
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with a willingness to flex schedule based on needs of business
- At times will be expected to work on weekends and holidays, overnight travel and travel within US and Canada