Maintenance Supervisor - Distribution Center
Country : USA
State : California
County : Riverside County
Town : Perris
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
proposed construction projects. Responsible for timeline compliance, and quality of work for external construction projects.
- Oversee the maintenance of all operating equipment, and facility systems. Enforce proper turn time of preventive maintenance schedules. Ensure timely response to critical equipment downtime issues in the distribution center.
- Train/develop maintenance personnel; authenticate that skill sets meet minimum requirements of job function.
- Make use of the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS), utilizing it to its full capability.
- Interact with outside vendors relative to the coordination of all construction projects to the facility, property and equipment. Responsible for validation of quality work, and compliance of all safety standards.
- Oversee the required back stock of maintenance spare parts and supplies while minimizing inventory levels through strong supplier partnerships
- Ensure contractual compliance to include: landscape, mat rental, pest control, snow removal, waste management, and fire system maintenance accounts.
- Maintain an active partnership with the safety committee to ensure strong alliance regarding all safety issues on the property
- Technical / Functional Competence
- Planning & Organizing
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- 8-10 years maintenance experience in large distribution center and/or manufacturing environment.
- 2 years of supervisory experience in a large distribution center and/or manufacturing environment.
- Technically proficient in mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- Ability to review and critique schematic diagrams.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CMMS.
- Knowledge of 5-S practices preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA standards and regulations.
- Awareness of state/local regulations, and code requirements
- Must have outstanding interpersonal, and communication skills (oral/written)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient P.C. skills, to include Microsoft Excel and Word.