Manager, Business Information (bi)
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Lead a team of business analysts and grow business acumen and communication skills; this team will need to create a trusting partnership with our business partners
- Guide the team to help manage business demand and delivery milestones; ensure project timelines are adhered to and any delays are communicated in a timely manner.
- Following the existing BI communication and prioritization protocol, bring awareness to the leadership team of all business demands. Consult with leadership and determine the path forward as a team
- Work to gather and document business needs for report and data requests.
- Work with the BI leadership team to rationalize the business value of the request and help prioritize the overall demands
- Lead creation and review of all deliverables related to report and ad-hoc data requests. Ensure the high quality of final outputs
- Need to be able to get into the details with the analysts on the team and work through report/data issues. Partner with IT's Data Technology (DT) team to resolve roadblocks
- Develop training materials and job aids to support reporting rollouts; lead the team to facilitate classroom training if needed
- Consult with DT team on planning of upcoming programs
- Develop partnerships acting as a liaison between the technical and business teams to understand, troubleshoot, interpret and provide guidance on reporting and data needs.
- Facilitate meetings; issue tracking/resolution, escalation etc. as you follow a report/data request from submission through to delivery.
- Manage the team of business analysts, Level 1 support, training, and communication
- Assist in architecting business solutions, working closely with business and IT partners
- As an extension of the delivery team, may need to serve in project management / delivery role
- Learn the retail landscape, and specifically, the Ross business model
- Demonstrated experience in working with Buyers, Merchandise Planners, and/or other business supporting teams and influencing business strategies
- Demonstrated experience in the development of business requirements, coordination of business testing, and partnering with delivery teams for business programs/projects
- Strong analytical ability, retail industry / business acumen, judgment and problem solving skills
- At least 6 to 8 years of experience with a BI team (preferably from business working with IT) with progressive responsibility and influence
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining governance principles to help manage enterprise data
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to work effectively with Director and executives
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Ability to work with teams that are geographically distributed and work across different time zones
- Leadership skills; able to supervise and inspire team members
- Demonstrated ability to estimate time and budget for requirements and testing efforts
- Some travel may be required
- Strong SQL skills.
- Experience with reporting tools such as MicroStrategy and enterprise data warehouses (Netezza, Hive, Hadoop, etc.).
- Some professional services / consulting experience