Manager, Consumer Product Safety & Claims Substantiation
Country : USA
State : Ohio
County : Franklin County
Town : New Albany
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The Product Safety Manager is responsible for overseeing the product safety and claims development platform for the Bath & Body Works and VS/Pink brands, covering products within the beauty personal care category. This leader will be expected to provide expert guidance to brand partners utilizing current industry and company standards for safety testing, formula/ingredient reviews and assessments, and clinical testing for product performance claim substantiation on a global scale. As a technical expert, this individual will serve as a scientific advisor to the greater cross-functional teams and facilitate introduction of new technologies and functional ingredients to maximize product performance and market positioning. He/she may also be required to lend technical support to other brand projects, provide guidance and communication to business sub-brands, and support company influence on external industry trade expert committees. As manager, this person will be accountable for ensuring on-time and on-cost (OT&C) delivery of results to maintain launch timelines, support career development of direct reports through coaching and development and mentoring of junior staff in the broader team.
- Manage the end-to-end execution process ensuring 100% on-time & on-cost for the brand in coordination with safety managers and category owners.
- Support all safety and efficacy testing project execution for the BBW and VS/Pink brands, including current business and new product innovation projects within the personal care category.
- Assess product safety and efficacy needs for the brand and identify and support new testing methodology development for global markets.
- Provide guidance regarding highly complex performance claims substantiation requirements on global scale and ensure harmonized protocols for testing.
- Develop and conduct technical oversight and exploration in support of new product innovations and external technology assessments.
- Work cross-functionally with global safety toxicologists to support raw material and finished formula assessments to meet international (such as the US, Canada, EU & China) cosmetic regulations and stay current with new developments in both domestic and global markets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop new processes and implement best practices across all brands
- Utilize technical expertise to support cosmetovigilance efforts for the brand on a global scale and provide recommendation for follow-up actions.
- Contribute to departmental SOPs, updating and initiating new SOPs as needed.
- Collaborate with global safety team on Adverse Events tracking and monthly analysis
- Supervise a team of 1-2 associates, supporting career development through coaching, mentoring and review of overall annual objectives and development plan.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or related field; Master's or Ph D in related field preferred
- Good understanding of toxicology concepts, especially skin/eye irritation, skin sensitization as well as immunology and ocular irritation
- Knowledgeable about global regulations and safety positions on ingredients and finished products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience managing and leading a team required
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.