Manager, Creative Operations Packaging
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Estée Lauder is the flagship brand of The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. Founded by Mrs. Estée Lauder, the brand today continues her legacy of creating the most innovative, sophisticated, high-performance skin care and makeup products and iconic fragrances - all infused with a deep understanding of women's needs and desires. Today Estée Lauder engages with women in over 150 countries around the world and at a variety of touch points, in stores and online. And each of these relationships consistently reflects Estée's powerful and authentic woman-to-woman point of view.
About the Role:
The Manager of Global Creative Operations, Packaging at Estée Lauder works primarily with the Global Packaging Design team. The global programs they manage span across new product launches and repackaging for Skincare, Makeup, Fragrance and Collaborations, from brief and concept through production and execution. Understanding key milestones and establishing working relationships with cross-functional teams (Product Marketing, Packaging Development, Global Supply Chain, Product Development, External Suppliers) is key to overall program management and success. Timely Design Direction and Design Turn Over releases are an integral part of their workflow. The Manager will lead within their respective function, serving as a supportive link among their Operations teammates, aiding in the development of 360 campaign collateral, product photography and overall product knowledge.
The Manager of Global Creative Operations, Packaging is a professional, highly organized, natural problem solver that understands all facets of their programs to lead on-time management, prioritization, risk assessment, leadership presentations and program approvals. Clear knowledge of the brief from a strategic and creative point-of-view is critical in managing their respective creative team(s), the programs they deliver and the future of the division's workflow. The Manager will report to the VP, Global Creative Operations.
- Drive creative packaging workflow and schedules for packaging programs based on volume deadlines and priorities. Create and manage timelines/ milestone tasks, regularly validating and adjusting as needed in project management tool.
- Own every phase of the internal and external approval processes, including concept approval, Design Direction/DTO release, comp reviews, supplier sample approval and final leadership signoff (Brand President, SVP Creative, CMO & Marketing VP).
- Lead weekly creative reviews effectively setting up the presentation of creative work, timing and key milestone moments. Encourage feedback at correct points in process, communicate potential risks and recommend solutions.
- Communicate project issues and resolution to internal stakeholders as well as managing up risk and concerns to leadership.
- Manage resourcing of interdisciplinary team(s) of Packaging Designers, Graphic Designers and Copy to prioritize projects.
- Distill innovative creative concepts into clear deliverables and action items for the Packaging Design team.
- With support of VP, identify, implement and continually evolve process across packaging design programs.
- 5-7 years experience in project management for a fast-paced in-house creative team, agency or global brand working on collateral goods and Luxury consumer goods packaging.
- Has a deep understanding of project management, creative team workflow and corporate infrastructure.
- Solid experience using a myriad of project management tools to track programs, create reports and manage complex timelines.
- Is a strong partner to creative teams, collaboration is key in this work environment.
- Experienced at presenting creative work to senior leadership and running high level meetings on a weekly basis.
- Effective at being point person for the team, can motivate and influence others, including internal and external clients.
- Demonstrates a flexible attitude and can work in ambiguous and/or challenging situations.
- Self-starter who can hit the ground running and works proactively to make progress.
- Stellar interpersonal, organizational, communication and natural leadership skills, is thorough with details and follow-through and primed to own a key collaborative role.
- Problem solver that knows every detail of a project from a strategic standpoint to the small details of project management. Meets challenges with positive attitude and proactive solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education. Engineering or product concept/development knowledge a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.