Manager, Customs Compliance Supply Chain
Country : USA
State : District of Columbia
County : District of Columbia
Town : Washington
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
Our Manager, Customs Compliance is an effective leader, team collaborator, problem solver, improvement seeker, and is committed to providing exceptional customer service every day to the organization.
This position is responsible for managing Nordstrom Customs Compliance for imports into the US, delivering efficiency and accuracy, while guiding Nordstrom Supply Chain through the relevant Customs laws, regulations and policies. Nordstrom, Inc is a part of the Importer Self-Assessment program with CBP and a Tier 3 CTPAT member.
A day in the life...
- Manage, Support, and Lead Nordstrom's Customs Compliance team to deliver full compliance for merchandise imported into the US and Canada
- Support Nordstrom's Customs Compliance team in the timely and accurate classification of imported products in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), CBP's Informed Compliance Publications, CBSA's D-Memos, Rulings and other compliance guidance in high volumes with mastery and efficiency
- Engage with suppliers, buying agents, and customs brokers on the most challenging issues to drive measurably improved compliance with Customs and Nordstrom requirements
- Identify compliance risk and operational inefficiencies; recommend, influence, and implement process improvements with a wide group of stakeholders
- Distill information on all aspects of special trade programs, including Free Trade Agreements and Chapter 98/99 creating presentations and delivering training to internal partners within the organization
- Prioritize key customs compliance initiatives and develop Customs Compliance strategy / roadmap
- Implement and continuously improve the U.S. trade compliance program to ensure consistency with Export/Import laws, regulations and other trade-related requirements to include effective trade-related policies, procedures, processes and internal controls; education and training; monitoring and auditing, remediation of program gaps, and periodic and on-going program review.
- Establish and support effective program governance and consistent execution, developing U.S. performance metrics, and creating and supporting cross-functional working groups to include compliance, legal, finance, NPG, and other functions for trade compliance matters
- Conduct and oversee periodic assessments to ensure compliance with applicable U.S. trade laws and policies and implementation of corrective measures as applicable; actively consult with internal parties for procedural and legal guidance and risk prioritization and risk remediation.
- Work across the company to identify, evaluate, and implement opportunities to maximize program efficiencies and benefits for US business, including potential benefits realized from available tariff preference programs, first sale, duty drawback, HTS engineering etc.
- Hands-on experience classifying according to the HTS and application of Customs and PGA requirements.
- 5+ years C-TPAT program experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both written and oral, with the ability to influence/persuade.
- Familiarity with CBSA (Canadian Imports)
- Experience with Tableau / Alteryx / ERP systems
- Bachelor's Degree and Customs Broker License strongly preferred.