Manager, Global Business Analytics & Planning -Bobbi Brown
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
BUSINESSPLANNER SKILL SETS:
- Position calls for highly analytical, technical,inquisitive, self-starters who embrace change.Requires strong negotiation skills with proven record ofconsensus-building across various disciplines and levels of management.
- Analytical experience in demand planning, supplychain, finance, sales administration or marketing required. NEW PRODUCTPLANNING:
- Global Business Planners "own" new product volumeestimates/forecasts from the Innovation stage through the Monitor stage. Business Planners support brand marketing& financial objectives through the following New Product Process:
- Prepare objective, fact-based, detailed projections(18-9 months before Ship Date) for each saleable SKU/ market combination. Volumes support the innovation planningprocess and translate into forecast guidelines.
- Projections are based on detailed analyses of historicinternal and external like-product performance (shipments and sell thru whereavailable) and market trends. Includes most-likelyscenarios for cannibalization, marketing support, door distribution plans,market share/category growth projections, SKU management, pipe requirements,etc.
- Global BusinessPlanners negotiate with Global Marketing, Regional Sales & Marketing andRegional Demand Planning teams to gain consensus on projections/assumptions.
- Re-evaluateprojections as needed throughout the Innovation to Execution stages and issuedetailed forecast guidelines by market/SKU combination to affiliates for localforecasting (12-9 months before Ship Date).
- Investigateunexpected and/or missing forecasts and approve final forecast volumes, gainingconsensus where results differ materially from original projections. Approve orders for release to themanufacturing system(s).
- Issue finalrecaps comparing actual forecasts to GBP forecast guidelines explainingsignificant variances based upon feedback form Regional and affiliatemanagement.
- Prepare, analyzeand issue all new product tracking reports such as the Global New ProductForecast Recaps, Newness Analyses (side-by-side), etc. Follow-up on unusual results as needed.
- Forecastproposals and final recaps serve as the basis for the Global Marketing Calendarvaluations, new product plans and initial costing estimates. Volumes are also used for new productP&Ls (sales & COGS assumptions). STRATEGIC / BUSINESSPLANNING & REPORTING: Global Business Planners are critical in ongoing Strategic& Financial Planning processes by preparing, analyzing and issuing product-and category-level reports related to the overall state of the business.
- Providebusiness and portfolio analytics to support the Global Brand. This includes the issuance of severalstandard monthly and quarterly reports as well as general ad-hoc analyses.
- Provide support for the annualinnovation planning, strategy, budget and long-term planning process.
- Evaluateactuals vs. plan/prior year, analyze variances and initiate appropriatecorrective actions working through the Regional and Affiliate Brand, GlobalMarketing, Demand Planning and Finance organizations.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Marketing,Engineering
- 5 years broad functional combinedexperience in at least two of the following: Finance, Supply Chain, BusinessDevelopment, Demand Planning
- StrongConsumer Packaged Goods (CPG) knowledge base
- Excellentcollaboration, communication, and negotiation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills-Advanced Excel Skills (pivot tables & v-lookups required; Macros a plus) \#LI-JL4