Manager, Global Marketing
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
The Global Marketing manager will develop our key seasonal product strategies and storytelling moments throughout the main fall and spring fashion seasons across both retail and outlet. In partnership with Men's Global Merchandising they will be responsible for identifying key product messages, ensuring global alignment across the various business units, and building out global content strategy and cadence of messages. They will lead all men's dedicated creative briefs and content development that ladders back to the seasonal idea. They will be expected to work closely with Global Business Units, Global Social, Global Talent to build cohesive amplification strategies and capitalize on any market trends and/or opportunities.
This individual will also drive and manage the strategic development of all global Men's collaboration campaigns, evaluate business unit activation plans, and optimize the execution of all marketing efforts. They will act as a key partner for global cross functional partners, including but not limited to Global Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Visual Experience, Global Creative, Global, Global Events, PR, Celebrity, CRM & .COM, as well as business units on communication and execution of key initiatives. They will also be the marketing point person for our external collaboration partners. This individual will leverage first and third party data to drive key decision making and closely track KPIs and benchmarks.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to
- Create global marketing strategies that will help drive brand image globally, translating brand strategies into insightful creative briefs and content strategies. Designated point person for the creation of the fall, spring and collaboration 360s.
- Partner closely with GM partners across retail & outlet to understand collaboration inspiration, key product priorities, and BU preferences.
- Align upon marketing skus & communicate these skus during Brand Activation
- Work collaboratively across dual gender opportunities with Women's seasonal lead on the Global Marketing team
- Create all men's dedicated concept briefs for creative & production as it relates to seasonal needs and specific collaborations
- Oversee the global content development process to ensure focused and consistent messaging & product priorities across all touchpoint
- Drive the creation of the global shot list, and asset brief
- Work with external collaboration partners to ensure alignment and timely approvals throughout the brief, creative development and amplification process
- Create and own the 360 go-to-market launch strategy while providing strategic guidance and support to BU marketing leads for local activations as well as our collaboration partners
- Analyze marketing initiative performance against set objectives and KPIs to create global recaps and hindsight's
- Build strong relationships with key cross functional partners (in particular Creative Studio, PR/Events/Celeb teams, Social, and business units) to execute cohesive marketing communication needed to achieve business goals
- Develop Brand Global Guidance and campaign packets, including campaign concepts, marketing & media strategy and rollout
- Research industry trends to aid Men's Brand Development and cultural relevance
- Help analyze marketing initiatives performance; create and distribute recaps/reports for all Brand global marketing campaigns with historical data comparison
- Support Global Marketing Director on Ad hoc projects
- Experience in brand marketing, global agency, global social media or publisher is a strong plus
- Experience in fashion and/or luxury is a plus
- Excellent communication skill, attention to detail, superior ability to build networks and foster partnerships
- Strong creative & analytical skills, ability to evaluate multi-source data and draw global trends
- Ability to identify major and emerging trends and encapsulate them into strong, brand relevant concepts; strong fashion sensibility
- Ability to multi-task projects with equal priority, anticipate issues and provide creative solutions vis a vis larger marketing strategies and brand goals
- Ability to navigate ambiguity & various aspects of organizational change
- Ability to make prudent decisions under pressure and work against tight deadlines
- Ability to build effective partnerships and interact successfully with diverse individuals at all levels and in different countries
- Strong organizational skills and timely delivery and follow-up of projects
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office, Google docs) required
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.