Manager, Global Marketing
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
The Global Marketing Manager will identify key seasonal women's product messages across retail & outlet, as well as brand storytelling opportunities to strengthen Coach's evolved brand narrative & positioning. This individual will drive the development of campaign concept briefs, asset briefs, and global content. They will work with the international markets to ensure global alignment and multi-touch amplification to drive reach and relevancy across consumer segments. The Global Marketing Manager will act as a key partner for global creative and global cross functional partners, including but not limited to Global Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Visual Experience, Global Events, PR, Celebrity, CRM & .COM, as well as business units on communication and execution of key initiatives.
The Global Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading the global media strategy for seasonal brand campaigns. They will be the main point of contact for Coach's agency of record, working in lockstep with the agency & business units to optimize investments, channel mix, and digital innovation. They will closely analyze media trends, emerging platforms, and customer centric reporting to drive adoption and action.
This individual will be the main marketing contact on Coach's commitment to sustainable fashion. They will be responsible for crafting focused storytelling around Coach's product and services through a sustainable lens. He/She will partner with key cross-functional teams to define sustainable strategies, identifying areas in the overall brand marketing calendar where it makes sense to create standalone moments and adjacencies with existing programs/initiatives so we can begin to speak sustainability in an ongoing way and build equity in this key strategic pillar.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to:
- Develop impactful global marketing strategies to communicate the brand's seasonal narrative and key product messages. Designated point person for the creation of the strategic 360, collating all cross-functional input and expertise.
- Partner closely with GM partners across all women's categories for retail & outlet to understand seasonal product priorities and BU preferences.
- Partner with Global Marketing Men's colleague to create synergies & dual gender stories
- Create and develop seasonal concept briefs for creative & production
- Oversee the global content development process for Fall and Spring seasons to ensure focused and consistent messaging across all touchpoint. Drive the creation of the global shot list and asset brief.
- Facilitate discussions to drive decision making and move projects toward completion
- Create and own the 360 go-to-market launch strategy, which is socialized with cross-functionals, BUs, and senior leadership.
- Support and optimize local activation plans in each business unit. Create global 360 overview, inclusive of BU activation plans, to share with licensees for global approval. Build strong partnerships and relationships with internal cross functional (2D & 3D Creative, Digital Creative, Communications/PR, CRM,) and global business unit partners to create and execute cohesive marketing and communication tools needed to drive business.
- Ensure local plans align with global strategy while maintaining local relevance
- Vet individual BU proposals and align with key stakeholders to ensure proper flow and clarity of communication
- Analyze marketing initiative performance against set objectives and KPIs to create global recaps and hindsight's
- Experience in brand marketing at a global brand
- Ability to multi-task projects with equal priority, anticipate issues and provide creative solutions
- Ability to navigate ambiguity & various aspects of organizational change
- Positive, mature, and solutions-oriented
- Excellent attention to detail, superior communication, and follow-up skills
- Strong creative & analytical skills, ability to evaluate multi-source data and draw global trends
- Ability to build effective partnerships
- Strong organizational skills, timely delivery of projects
- Ability to make prudent decisions under pressure and work against tight deadlines
- Ability to interact successfully with diverse individuals at all levels
- Strong computer skills (Google docs, Microsoft Office Suite) required
- Fashion or Luxury experience as a Marketer a plus
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.