Manager, Global Supply Chain Operations - Inventory
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Consolidate, review and analyze inventory information provided by the regional supply teams, adding brand intelligence to assist in the determination of root cause and propose utilization actions from a brand perspective.
- In partnership with Global Center of Excellence and Regional Supply/Demand partners, develop new processes and request technologies to more effectively manage excess inventory and obsolescence, with a focus on Brand responsible (i.e. promotional) inventory issues in achieving brands' DTS goals
- Review and analyze the monthly inventory reports, consolidating information provided by the regions, in order to identify key issues impacting performance and excess in the factories, DCs, and affiliates (including promotional / Limited life items).
- Assist in portfolio management by providing analyses related to inventory and/or COGS impact.
- Participate in regional brand inventory review meetings. Follow up on issue resolution.
- Support the global supply chain organization via strategic projects related to inventory and service goals.
- Engage with project teams to evaluate various scenarios and the inventory impact of proposed changes within the supply chain. Ensure timely communication is cascaded throughout the GBSC organization.
- In coordination with the regional supply planning, monitor the repacking / reformulation/ focus factory transfer execution processes to ensure balancing inventories and avoiding destructions
- Monitor collateral inventory levels in the DCs and affiliates to insure obsolete materials are dispositioned. Develop tools and tracking reports to improve collateral inventory tracking.
- Industrial Engineering, Operations research, or mathematics background preferred but willing to consider other technical majors and relevant experience.
- Familiarity with AMAPS & SAP or other advanced planning systems.
- Strong character - willing to champion the right decision and not be easily dissuaded.
- Highly analytical - analyzes & utilizes facts effectively for presentation to decision makers. Must be comfortable with higher level mathematics and statistical analysis.
- Strong Communication / Presentation Skills - Ability to present top line status and improvements to targets for Brand and Regional leadership on a monthly basis.
- Experience with master production scheduling on both a tactical and strategic level in a multi-plant environment.
- Organizational Awareness -sufficient knowledge of the organization to identify problems and opportunities.
- Individual Leadership/Influencing - inspiring and guiding others toward goal achievement.
- Teamwork/Collaboration - working effectively with teams and work groups.
- Organizational Skills- possessing excellent organizational and process skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Access and Excel - creating queries and performing complex quantitative analysis to detect correlation and patterns in the data.
- Candidate will be based in the New York Office.
- College/University degree required preferably in a field of study with a quantitative or supply chain focus.
- Minimum 5 years experience