Manager, Human Resources And HR Operations-Luxury Products Division
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Human Resources
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director, HR, and HR Operations
For more than a century, L'Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L'Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L'Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
The Luxury Products Division (Luxe) comprises some of the most iconic brands in the L'Oreal portfolio, including: Lancome, Kiehls, IT Cosmetics, Urban Decay, Ralph Lauren Fragrances, Prada Beauty, L'Atelier Cologne, YSL Beaute, Giorgio Armani, Maison Martin Margiela and more. Our portfolio is balanced across distribution channels, product categories and client segmentation, leaving our brands plenty of room to express their full potential in the pursuit of surpassing our clients' expectations.
In this role you will be a partner and collaborator for the Luxury Division's HR team for all core HR processes. In addition to ensuring the LUXE HR team is upskilled in core processes you will be a data champion for the division and an HR Business Partner for the Finance function.
As the Manager of HR Operations, you will work with the Director to contextualize all key processes including, but not limited to, Divisional Headcount, Salex, Data Management, Sales Bonus creation and execution. You will also champion the division in data integrity to ensure accuracies in our system. You will aid in synthesizing this data into meaningful insights to drive various LUXE strategies and initiatives.
As an HR Business Partner, you will serve as a trusted advisor to business leaders to anticipate and optimize the organization's people needs in alignment with the overall business strategy. You will work with your respective populations on topics including: Talent Management and Development, Talent Acquisition, , Performance Management, Learning, Change Management, Diversity & Inclusion, Organizational & Team Effectiveness, Compensation Costs and Employee Relations.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Partner with the HR Team to ensure deep understanding of all HR processes and priorities; provide resources, tools, and materials for leaders to build and drive actionable plans, including toolkits and timelines to ensure compliance across the full Division
- Gain deep knowledge and understanding of headcount process and partner with Salary Planning and broader HR team to ensure accuracy of headcount planning and management each trend cycle
- Support the Director in executing key strategies as it relates to all HR core presses across the division including Salex process and planning, Sales Incentive planning and execution, freelance management, etc.
- Ideate new ways of working to ensure we support HR Partners in working streamlined, effective, and have the resources needed to make strategic data driven decisions
- Work closely with HR Business partners to ensure compliance and completion of key millstones of core processes
- Numbers oriented with a will to deep dive into data to create various simulations to story tell and drive results of projects
- Execute ad hawk reporting requests by SVP of HR or Director of HR
- Work on special projects, as needed, contributing to Luxury Division, USA and Global initiatives HR Business Partner
- Trusted Advisor: Partner with key business leaders in translating business strategy into People initiatives that drive both business success and contribute to meaningful careers at L'Oreal/LUSA/Luxury Division.
- Succession Planning: Contribute to the Talent Review process by collaborating with the Director of HR on developing collective succession plans in conjunction with SVP of Finance.
- Employee Development: Quarterly development conversations with Finance population to manage careers, in partnership with Leaders, HRBPs, and Corporate Finance HR, and assist in building development plans, defining training opportunities and the Performance Appraisal process for personal and professional growth.
- Recruitment: Approve candidates for interview; participate in interview process and make recommendations with line management for final decisions.
- Onboarding and Integration: Oversee the onboarding and integration of all new employees within population
- Employee Relations: manage employees through the full employee life cycle and provide expert advice and coaching to employees and management and contribute to creation of employee events.
- Performance Plans: Monitor PIP and other disciplinary programs and actions, including coaching and employee terminations.
- HR Policies and Programs: Assure compliance while helping to facilitate programs focusing on strategic change, training, team building, diversity, and inclusionJob Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree, preferred focus in Psychology, Org Dev, HR
- 3-5 years of HR experience
- Demonstrated leadership, communication (verbal/written), negotiation, presentation, facilitation, organization, and interpersonal skills
- High degree of emotional intelligence, intellect, and executive presence
- Navigating & driving solutions in fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Must have a sense of urgency and results/service orientation with a high degree of flexibility, adaptability, resourcefulness, and responsiveness; ability to handle fast pace and operate with ambiguity
- Data orientation, fluency in analysis to provide business recommendations and story tell
- Employee Development: manage careers by building relationships, providing counsel, and identifying training opportunities for junior client group and offer opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Keen attention to detail, ensuring consistent accuracy
- Exceptional skills in excel and Microsoft suitRequired Competencies:
- Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately
- Has broad knowledge and perspective
- Is future orientedActs as trusted advisor
- Can present the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner
- Keeps confidences
- Admits mistakesActs/Leads with Human Sensitivity
- Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamicsInteracts Effectively
- Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks. Ability to inspire and influence without authority. Manages Complexity
- Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes sound decisionsAchieves Results with Integrity
- Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrityInnovates
- Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativityDemonstrates Entrepreneurship
- Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a visionDisplays Sensitivity to the "Métier" of L'Oreal
- Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty and retail business, understands beauty/skincare landscape and its competitorsPlease note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.