Manager, Marketing Effectiveness
Country : USA
State : New York
County : Queens County
Town : New York
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Analyze business results and provide standardized reporting across all digital acquisition marketing tactics.
- Provide strategic recommendations, insights, and guidance to Marketing teams for Paid Search, Natural Search, Affiliate Marketing, Display, Social, Online Video and Online Audio.
- Utilize multi-touch attribution system to optimize spend across paid marketing tactics.
- Partner with marketing systems team and external vendors to ensure data accurately flows into multi-touch attribution system.
- Lead the application of insights to influence marketing strategies that drive measurable growth in online and store sales across strategic marketing initiatives such as Backstage, Loyalty program, etc.
- Drive development of new reports and enhancements to existing reports in Tableau. Continually work to automate existing manual reporting processes through Tableau.
- Broaden scope of KPIs for marketing channels. Drive optimization based on customer centric metrics.
- Identify business trends and shifts, and recommend data-driven responses and recommendations to the Marketing organization
- Consistently apply a Macy's Inc. omni-channel lens to analysis and insights.
- Conduct research on and provide insight into industry / competitive marketing trends.
- Stay informed about, communicate, and apply new or current trends and best practices in digital marketing and analytics.
- Guide, develop and support team of marketing analysts.
- Establish clear objectives and framework to achieve across each team member.
- Recognize and develop talent.
- Balance work and deliverable demands (reactive) with a focus on proactive analysis.
- Foster and inspire a culture of innovation, collaboration, intense curiosity and a drive to "be the best."
- Provide team with a clear sense of objective, ownership and accountability and a solid understanding of how what they do fits into the broader strategy of Macy's.
- 4+ years' experience overseeing coordinated delivery of Analytics with a focus on digital marketing. Experience in retail is a plus.
- Highly-developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy.
- Ability to build relationships and effectively manage internal customers.
- Proven leadership skills with ability to motivate, influence, collaborate and work in partnership within team as well as across the organization.
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing high performance teams.
- Understanding of the objectives and success metrics across the Macy's organization, and ability to apply that knowledge to analysis and recommendations (to frame application).
- Proven ability to leverage data and deliver actionable insights, guide strategic decisions and directly drive business results.
- Proficiency with SQL and its variations among popular databases.
- Strong experience working with large data sets and web analytical tools (Hadoop, Tableau, SAS, IBM Analytics, etc).
- Self-driven innovative strategic thinker who is resourceful and has the ability to look beyond existing business and technology limitations. Ability to persuade, influence, and execute innovative methods and processes.