Manager, Marketing - jo Malone London & Editions de Parfum Frédéric Malle, Travel Retail Worldwide
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Manage all day to day requests from the regional and global teams. Position is key point person and liaison between Global Brand marketing, Regional teams and all related support groups for these two brands. Position will assist the Director TR WW with the analysis of our business, competition and market trends to help develop strategies and programming appropriate for all Travel Retail regions to maximize sales, control costs and build Brand Equity. Position is responsible for the development and communication of all Marketing programs and related updates to our regions and various internal teams.
- Work closely with the Director on the conception and development of Travel Retail adapted and exclusive programs and needs.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the Global brand strategies and programs, ensuring that they are top of mind and at the forefront of all TR output.
- Conduct ongoing market and competitive analysis that result in key commercial insights and initiatives.
- Help to identify commercial and consumer opportunities to drive growth. New Product Development:
- Responsible for the management of all aspects of new product launch activity for both Jo Malone London and Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle, including but not limited to marketing, creative, merchandising, promotional and saleable elements.
- Submit all necessary paperwork for project initiation and liaise with Global Marketing, Global Business Supply Chain and Creative teams through to delivery. Category Management / Business Analysis:
- Maintain and distribute TR marketing calendars.
- Circulate and review all IMW bulletins and recommend program participation and forecast guidelines along with cost of goods calculations on Global and TR programs.
- Liaise with Inventory Control to ensure saleable and promotional goods are planned and allocated for all new programs as well as new launch markets.
- Responsible for tracking all new and limited life product shipments from plant to distribution center. Conduct bi-weekly conference calls with necessary teams.
- Track development progress of all TR programs by liaising closely with all necessary global teams to ensure programs are on track and delivered on schedule.
- Assist Director in the preparation and distribution of program recaps including new launch activity and promotional programming.
- Manage, maintain and issue seasonal and ongoing product assortments.
- Participate in seasonal and annual TR product portfolio reviews, including recommendations on discontinuations and additions.
- Manage In flight business on both brands - work with Regional team and Demand Planning to approve forecast, confirm stock and liaise on all creative needs for listings.
- Gather information and prepare various projects and reports including Sell in & Sell thru and category and ranking analysis as needed. Commercial Development:
- Manage and track all Creative TR WW and Regional requests (in-flight layouts, special events, digital animation, etc.), by working closely with the brand teams. Focus on maintaining timelines and ensuring the delivery of assets according to due dates.
- Liaise with all regional offices (Miami, London & Singapore) on an ongoing basis to ensure their needs (creative, visual merchandising, programming, etc.) are met.
- Support the Director on Social and Digital strategies and initiatives by actively participating in internal planning as well as tracking and reporting activity.
- Act as the Global Education liaison to ensure Regional teams are receiving information and materials for events/trainings in a timely manner. Work closely with Education to create channel specific tools and events.
- Manage all meeting materials, presentations and needs for Retailer and Industry meetings.
- Responsible for the development of marketing presentations, calendars and sales tools for sales meetings including the coordination of all Marketing-related support materials (e.g., product, comps, lab samples, visual concepts, etc.). Present at some key events such as Sales Cycle Meetings.
- Support training of regional teams re: brand philosophy, metrics, how we work, calendar development and share best practices across regions.
- College/University degree required.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- Preferable if some work experience includes Fragrance or Beauty.
- Familiarity with Travel Retail business and retailers is a plus.
- Position requires a flexible, independent, well-organized individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must have Digital and Social experience.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills for a collaborative team environment.
- Candidate must be detail-oriented, a self-starter and a team player.
- Candidate should also demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills required and must include Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.