Manager, Merchandise Planning
Country : USA
State : California
County : Orange County
Town : Anaheim
Category : Merchandising
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Forecast Top Line Sales, Margin and Inventory at Regular/Markdown at Department, Division and Corporate levels.
- Identify opportunities and risks within departments and classifications and recommend actions within week, month, quarter and year.
- Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability
- Drive Branded/Private Label/Mart etc. performance through the OTB process by classification, department, division and company and make recommendations to ensure that top line sales and profit and inventory goals are achieved.
- Provide quarterly/seasonal and annual sales/margin and inventory guidelines that support company strategic initiatives.
- Create gross margin goals by department, division and corporation that support company sales and profit strategies.
- Provide Branded/Private label/Mart etc. penetration goals by department, division and corporation that support gross margin goals.
- Provide markdown budgets by department, division and corporation that support corporate gross margin goals.
- Manage Merchandise Planners in their creation of the product financial plans to achieve the above guidelines and goals.
- Produce detailed reports and analyses when necessary and make recommendations to assist senior management in the decision making process
- Train, motivate, coach and provide feedback to employees in order to develop their skills, retain the best people, and develop future leaders for the company.
- Communicate sales, margin, receipt, markdown and inventory information and concerns at weekly management meetings.
- Develop and communicate department, division and corporate monthly sales and markdown budgets that incorporate company promotional and clearance strategies.
- Produce weekly/monthly promotional calendars with history that reflect the sales and markdown budgets.
- Continually identify aged (180+ days) merchandise by style/color and initiate markdowns to liquidate.
- Investigate new systems which may improve or enhance the merchandise planning process.
- Develop enhancements and participate in upgrades to our current systems.Leadership Expectations:
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as a PSEB advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- Four year college degree.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of retail experience, including 4 to 6 years of planning and allocation experience preferred.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as a team member
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Facility with personal computers, including the ability or aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Strong logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to formally present business strategies and action plans
- Excellent knowledge of ExcelPhysical Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Other Considerations:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.