Manager, Procurement & Category Management
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Purchasing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
- With support of the Category Leaders, in collaboration with IT and Digital business functions, manage and implement the strategic sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFx, spend analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier rationalization for global solutions and services.
- Areas in scope will include: eCommerce/Digital Solutions , IT Systems, and Contingent Labor services
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to...
- Build strong alignment with global IT and Digital business stakeholders, and Finance partners in identifying financial benefits and overall business value
- Collaborate with IT and Digital business stakeholders to investigate opportunities for synergies and rationalization of spend and suppliers
- Manage the forecast and delivery of savings targets in support of organizational commitments and goals
- Negotiate regional and global agreements
- With support of the corporate Legal team, develop and implement contracts with suppliers, inclusive of reviewing and redlining contracts, statements of work, and End User License Agreements
- Support strategic projects, on regional and global scale (e.g. enterprise implementations and integrations, new solution roll-outs)
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement strategies and frameworks; in accordance with Tapestry's global policies
- Ensure Procurement early involvement, usage of preferred vendors and guidance on procurement strategies and frameworks; in accordance with Tapestry's global policies and procedures
- Knowledge of legal terms and definitions associated with contract law
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Sharp negotiation skills--must be able to effectively evaluate fluid conditions and maximize Tapestry's position
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proactive, efficient, autonomous and professional aptitude in the prioritization and execution of activities with various degrees of complexity
- Previous experience with e-procurement and spend reporting/analytics systems is preferred
- Experience leading/influencing individuals/teams
An outstanding professional will have...
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Supply Chain, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Management or Finance), MBA a plus
- 5+ years of experience in sourcing and contract/terms negotiations for highly complex technology products and services, including cloud services and contingent labor. Experience with ecommerce and digital solutions/systems a plus
- Experience with working in a matrix environment and/or in a global, multi-cultural cross-functional team
- Exposure to implementing global strategic IT initiatives
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.