Manager, Product Management
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
It is beneficial to note that the enterprise-level Digital team, which includes this role, is newly created, in conjunction with Tapestry's ongoing strategy evolution as a stable of luxury fashion brands. The Product function is in its nascent stages at Tapestry and there is a large change management effort underway to introduce the organization to Digital Best Practices, establish the process of prioritization and outline appropriate scalable efficiencies for socializing the demonstrable revenue benefit of digital initiatives.
The role reports into the Senior Director, Global Digital Product-Buy Experiences.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Product Management to...
- Champion and drive the vision and strategy for Buy/Transact path across all sites at Tapestry
- Refine the product strategy, define and execute against a clear product roadmap to increase critical metrics for success.
- Make product decisions that are rooted in data- leveraging analytics, A/B testing and an understanding of customer needs/trends, to assess current Tapestry experiences.
- Partner effectively with cross functional business leaders-including Retail and Digital teams across markets, Customer Experience, Marketing, Creative, IT, Operations, and third party vendors-to effectively roll out and globally scale highest impact initiatives
- Move with agility to define, design and release iteratively great products that delight our customers, leveraging AB testing and continuous customer feedback collection
- Leverage an entrepreneurial and resourceful mindset and strong collaboration skills to test, pilot, and iterate on high impact initiatives
- Identify, assess, and prioritize initiatives that solve pain points, modernize and differentiate the digital checkout experience, and create inspiring customer journeys that drive checkout completion and increase RPV
- Consider product marketing and messaging
- Translate highest priority opportunities into compelling business cases that define business value and ROI.
- Monitor and maximize ongoing impact and performance of initiatives against expectations with a focus on optimizing both product and processes to continually improve ROI
- Continually scan competitive landscape and technology advancements to identify best practices, emerging trends, and innovation opportunities
- Create and maintain product roadmaps, feature backlogs and product documentation such PRDs, user stories, use cases, user flows, logic flows, and functional specifications
- Coordinate and run AB testing of new features, rapidly validating or disproving them, informed by user data, customer needs, business potential, and technical feasibility
- Possess strong leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills-a compelling, impactful storyteller
- Experience with analytics platform such as Google Analytics
- Analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify, internalize and communicate complex or technical concepts.
- Experience working in scrum/agile management methodologies a plus
- Experience with user research, AB testing, and other techniques to validate and inspire ideas.
- Resourceful, ability to understand that constraints breed creativity, and you thrive in an environment that includes limited resources.
- Collaborative and a passion for digital products - not just the way they work but how they feel to the end user.
- Have a point of view and be an active listener.
- Strong understanding of digital platforms and technologies; experience with SFCC platform preferred
- Deep understanding of customer journeys with proven ability to transform customer needs into actionable product roadmaps and requirements
- Ability to inspire and partner with diverse individuals at all levels of the organization in a global, highly cross-functional and matrixed environment
- Self-directed, resourceful, and adept working in ambiguous environments
- Global experience preferred
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.