Manager, Production - Golf
Country : USA
State : California
County : San Diego County
Town : Carlsbad
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy and all genders are welcome. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- This role is responsible for the day to day management of the COBRA PUMA GOLF custom golf club assembly staff
- Partner with Facilities to ensure all safety and health standards are met to keep an organization accident-free
- Communicate regularly with upper management regarding problems or issues impacting Assembly KPIs
- Responsible for evaluating and securing machine and staffing requirements that ensure production schedules are achieved within budget.
- Develop workflow policies and procedures that improve efficiency without compromising safety or quality.
- Anticipates bottlenecks, identifies risks, and escalates issues that cannot be internally resolved.
- Provides regular status reports on key performance indicators, capacity plan, and schedule achievement with the team and management.
- Identifies the best tools and technologies to help manage workflow and optimizes their implementation and deployment.
- Establishes and maintains training programs and records that provides a broad width and depth of talent.
- Continuous promotion of and act as a strong ambassador for process improvement
- 5 years progressive growth in an assembly or production environment
- At least 3 years managing mid-large teams of individual contributors
- Bi-lingual Spanish / English strongly preferred
- Degree in Engineering discipline preferred
- Six Sigma Lean background preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proven record in training employees about safety and production
- Ability to coach and motivate employees
- Ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically with Excel
- Familiarity of golf and golf clubs helpful