Manager, Retail Marketing
Country : USA
State : New York
County : New York County
Town : New York
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Michael Kors stores are operated, either directly or through licensing partners, in some of the most prestigious cities in the world, including New York, Beverly Hills, Chicago, London, Milan, Paris, Munich, Istanbul, Dubai, Seoul, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Rio de Janeiro.
Behind this burgeoning empire stands a singular designer with an innate sense of glamour and an unfailing eye for timeless chic. Michael Kors has won numerous accolades within the fashion industry, been honored for his philanthropy, and earned the respect and affection of millions. Wholly dedicated to a vision of style that is as sophisticated as it is indulgent, as iconic as it is modern, he has created an enduring luxury lifestyle empire with a global reach.
Michael Kors has always been involved in philanthropy, fighting hunger for more than 20 years. A longtime supporter of God’s Love We Deliver, he has worked with the New York-based organization to help distribute meals to people with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other serious illnesses. In 2013, he partnered with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to help fight world hunger by designing the 100 Series watch. A portion of the proceeds from his special-edition timepiece helps WFP deliver food to children through its school meals program.
In collaboration with the Retail Marketing Senior Director, the Retail Marketing Manager is responsible for driving traffic to US Lifestyle and Collection doors through strategic and innovative marketing campaigns that align with MK brand and client targets. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of local marketing opportunities, tourism partnerships, and in-store & advertising initiatives that drive in-store traffic, data capture, and client retention.
Critical to the role is creativity, innovation and success executing drive to store initiatives. The ideal candidate will also possess a deep understanding and experience in leveraging Mall Marketing channels.
What You'll Do:
- Drive thoughtful marketing strategies that impact in-store traffic, retention & acquisition
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Mall Partners and leverage/test marketing opportunities when brand-appropriate
- Provide digital assets regularly to support local traffic through mall marketing channels
- Ideate and support store-led local events, partnerships and opportunities to drive in-store traffic and clienteling initiatives
- Partner with CRM, Analytics, and Planning to set KPIs that measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives
- Partner with Digital Marketing and Email teams to amplify awareness of marketing initiatives and selling opportunities
- Partner with Global Events to create and implement in-store activations supporting increased traffic during key selling moments throughout the year
- Build tourism initiatives through marketing partnerships driving key groups to MK stores
- Brief Global Advertising to ensure strategic outdoor advertising placements supporting key selling moments throughout the year
- Partner closely with creative to produce marketing assets as needed
- Provide local marketing support to stores upon request and as needed
- Manage overall Lifestyle & Collection budget
- Ensure clear and concise store communications are developed through Retail Communications for all retail marketing initiatives in a timely mannerYou'll Need to Have:
- Bachelors' Degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years Marketing experience, preferably in a retail environment
- Mall Marketing relationships preferred
- Experience with developing client-centric strategies within a retail environment
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong visual communication skills ie: Power Point, Excel
- Ability to prioritize, and multitask effectively
- Thrive in a fast paced on-time deliverable environment
- Strong analytic and project management skills
- Critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills