Manager, Retention Marketing Tech Operations
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Strong written and verbal communications.Reasoning Ability:
- Self-starter and voracious learner who is able to manage multiple projects and excel in a fast-paced environment. Physical Demands:
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds. Other Skills:
- Experience with outbound campaign management.
- Database marketing and marketing automation experience.
- Experience with campaign management application integration. Knowledge of solution design process, data modeling (Relational and Dimensional), data profiling for a large data warehouse environment.
- Flexible and resourceful go-to person ready to step in wherever needed.
The Manager, Retention Marketing Tech Operations is responsible for enabling marketing communications through digital channels and drive operational excellence throughout the solution definition and technical execution in support of the Macy's innovative marketing acquisition and retention projects and tactics across email, SMS, push and other channels.
The ideal candidate is a strong marketing systems leader with hands-on technical experience building, executing and supporting complex email/SMS/Push solutions.
They will manage a team of marketing business systems analysts and data analysts responsible for the day-to-day channel communication operations, and will provide technical leadership in systems integration and design to roll-out new capabilities that support marketing goals.
The candidate will drive operational efficiency to lead projects from conception to implementation in a fast pace environment and will ensure rapid issue investigation and resolution across all channels. They will also support projects, programs and campaign results measurements by monitoring and analyzing database marketing KPIs for each channel.
They will collaborate and align with the Macys Retention Marketing Team on the projects prioritization and objectives to make sure that the result meets the original goals. The candidate will also ensure the team communicates effectively across business and technology teams to analyze technical design changes, identify constraints and data impacts throughout the Marketing eco-systems. They will help mitigate risks and coordinate with the internal technical teams and third party vendors to ensure successful integration and solution implementation and will closely manage the vendor managed solutions and performance.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Interactive Marketing systems, the Manager Retention Marketing Systems will be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, capable of dealing with ambiguity, and comfortable working with teams, vendors, and management. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Is responsible for the execution of email, SMS and push notification programs.
- Develop systems solutions to support retention marketing channels projects and tactics.
- Identify vendors, review vendor performance, vendor capabilities and opportunities for new enhancements.
- Measure and analyze the health of the customer file, customer marketability for each channel and across email, SMS and push acquisition, customer churn and other key KPIs.
- Make recommendations for future projects.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- BA/BS in computer science equivalent job experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in functional/technical system integration, migration and data modeling across large systems and 3rd party Email Service Provider (ESP), SMS and notification providers.
- Experience with digital content management.
- Highly analytical and details-oriented with strong data management and ETL skills.
- 1-2 years of direct supervisory experience and talent development recommended.
- Thorough understanding of email technology, Campaign execution, segmentation and messaging.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.