Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Perform practical, action oriented, & comprehensive data analysis in support of Strategic business initiatives
- Conduct analysis - including pulling data, building models and analyzing financial, operational or statistical data - to support key strategic priorities for the Company (working in conjunction with Strategy team members and other key senior executives).
- Develop compelling materials to communicate results of analysis and key insights internally and externally (e.g., Board meetings, Buyer meetings, Operating Committee meetings, Strategic off-sites, etc.)
Analyze business problems and develop insights into root causes and improvement opportunities. Build consensus for implementing improvements.
- Understand the off-price business and diagnose key business problems.
- Create and execute plans to gather data and develop practical solutions through qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Present materials and lead discussions with executives for data gathering and solution development.
Support key cross-functional initiatives
- Coordinate analysis for select cross-functional initiatives (e.g. new format improvement, roll-out strategy for new opportunities). Requires working closely with store ops, DCs, planning, allocations, and other business areas.
- Drive Results
- Business Acumen
- Technical/Functional competence
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- College degree and MBA.
- Minimum 3 years post college experience, preferably in an analytical environment, corporate strategy role, or financial services firm.
- Outstanding analytical ability: Must have a data driven approach to solving problems. Requires very strong quantitative skills and a good sense of how to structure problems.
- Project management: Must be able to set priorities between multiple projects and deadlines, and keep manager updated frequently.
- Detail-oriented approach: Must have very close attention to details and the drive to get things right.
- Teamwork/Communication: Needs to be able to build effective working relationships within and outside the Strategy team. Must be able to listen, understand, and communicate with executives at all levels of the company.
- Strong fundamental business skills: must be Excel and PowerPoint proficient.
- Clear understanding of basic financial, statistical, and economic concepts .
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.