Manager, Supplier Quality Assurance
Country : USA
State : New York
County : Suffolk County
Town : Melville
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Analyze issues that occur at suppliers and develop action plans for long and short term solutions based on available testing.
- Collaborate as necessary with appropriate parties (suppliers, etc.) to resolve issues/problems surrounding product quality
- Independence of Action and Accountability- responsible to work independently to schedule all meetings, new products and compliance visits.
- Accountable for all communications to stake holders involved with supplier issues.
- Work independently and utilize the support of associates and management team to assist as needed. 5% - Responsible for setting up and maintaining QA data in SAP system for assigned suppliers. 5%- Determine need for testing based on commodity and attend line test if required.
- Experience with packaging equipment, filling, pressing, capping and wrapping, etc.
- Strong communication skills with ability to break down issues to basic form that can be easily understood by all levels of management both verbally and in written format.
- Ability to travel on short notice to locations within North America (up to 5-6 hours in one day)
- Must be able to use standard measuring equipment (calipers, scales, torque meters, vision measuring systems, etc.)
- Experience with Quality Management Systems, project management, process mapping, creating specifications and statistical problem solving techniques.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze root cause. -Bachelor's degree -5 years minimum experience -60% travel time -BS in Packaging/Mechanical or Chemical Engineering -Domestic driver's license \#LI-AS5