Manager - Tax Accounting & Forecasting
Tiffany & Co is seeking a Manager – Tax Accounting & Forecasting to join our Parsippany NJ offices. This position will be responsible for the management of the Company’s global accounting & reporting processes for income tax in accordance with ASC 740, FIN 18 and FIN 48 . In addition, this role will manage the income tax forecasting processes, including the forecasting of cash taxes, the effective tax rate and related balance sheet amounts.
The Manager- Tax Accounting and Forecasting will be responsible for the management of the quarterly and annual global tax provision in accordance with ASC 740, APB 23, FIN 48 and FIN 18. Ensure accuracy of accounting for and reporting of global income taxes. Partner with tax team, business unit finance professionals, and third party service providers in support of this goal. Work with external and internal auditors and manage SOX requirements related to income tax accounting. Identify, research and document the Company’s position as it relates to the tax accounting consequences of new accounting pronouncements, changes in tax law, business transactions and activities in order to ensure the proper application of guidance. This position will manage and execute the income tax forecasting process. Partner closely with members of the tax department as well as financial planning to develop the estimated effective tax rate, balance sheet and cash tax projections on an ongoing basis. S/he will manage the income tax software suite of products that support tax accounting and tax compliance. Partner with IT, GFS, GA, FP&A on the design of systems to ensure tax requirements are identified, documented and included in system design. Lead process improvement efforts to enhance the productivity of the tax department. This individual will provide support, as needed, to assist the team in meeting income tax compliance requirements. This includes the federal and state income tax return filings and associated estimated tax obligations. The Manager will oversee the training, staff management, coaching and staff development .
- Minimum 7 years of experience, including a minimum of 4 years big four and/or large MNC experience
- Experience in multi-state, federal and international tax environment including strong tax technical and research skills
- Strong tax accounting skills, big four tax accounting experience preferred (ASC 740, FIN 18, FIN 48)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated self-starter,
- Ability to contribute to a positive, team oriented work environment
- Managerial experience required
- Strong PC skills
- CPA and/ or other Industry affiliations and certifications
- Thomson OneSource Tax Provision
- JD Edwards