Manager, Tech Program Mgmt - Supply Chain
Country : USA
State : District of Columbia
County : District of Columbia
Town : Washington
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Whether you’re a genius engineer, a phenomenal salesperson or a supply chain guru, we invite you to bring your unique talents and join our team. We’ve been on the Fortune™ 100 Best Places to Work list for more than 20 years because we reward great work, promote from within and celebrate diversity.
Our values are the core of who we are. They inspire our employees, delight our customers and bring our business to life every day.
The Mgr Program Mgmt Tech works with Supply Chain tech team, partners with business and other technology stakeholders to develop, design, build and launch technology solutions. This role works with Product and the core leadership team to create and maintain a product delivery roadmap. This person needs an agile mentality to work with our cross functional teams and vendors. They will create or lead process improvements with an eye toward change management impacts. All of this is with the goal to drive innovation and improve performance as we evolve our Supply Chain Tech systems to meet the future needs of the company.
- Hires and develops a diversified group of top talent.
- Manage a team that delivers programs of high impact, risk and complexity while building and executing integrated plans across multiple teams
- Collaborates with Product, the business and other technology teams across the organization to identify and prioritize solutions and build a roadmap that can be delivered
- Manage risks, assumptions, dependencies (classic program/project stuff)
- Works with engineering managers to ensure speed and quality of delivery and manage resource planning. Accurately forecast 6 months ahead and explain variances
- Works across the Supply Chain Tech teams to identify, develop and implement process improvements that reduce manual work, simplify communication and provide transparency
- Identifies valuable analytics for improved performance and business decisions
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
- Present demos, status updates and risk/mitigation strategies and communicate to all levels of leadership, partners, customers and the team.
- Represent the Supply Chain Tech positions to external teams using your excellent communication skills.
- Status communication as needed for program (make sure everyone knows what is going on)
- On occasion step in to fill the roll of an IC on smaller project or when a team member is unavailableThis is not an all-inclusive list and you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself.
- A 4-year degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of Program Management experience
- 2+ years technical leadership or managing teams
- Ability to coach team, resolve controversy, and help the team to find solutions
- Experience partnering with stakeholders
- Experience with large scale enterprise software/services
- Data driven
- Ability to estimate, schedule and track work, aligning team members: get hands dirty herding cats
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects or work streams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Experience drafting technical requirementsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional experience delivering solutions built on AWS
- Agile, lean, and Kanban delivery process experience
- Possess strong level knowledge of technology (e.g. Cloud, APIs, services, Windows stack, open source, database technologies, etc.)
- Supply Chain experience#LI-DH1