Manager, Transportation Finance
Country : USA
State : South Carolina
County : York County
Town : Fort Mill
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
GENERAL PURPOSE: The Finance Manager will lead, direct, develop and coordinate all aspects for budgeting/5YP, forecasting and month end reporting of Inbound Transportation expenses that total $130M annually. Responsibilities will include providing financial reports and interpretation of financial information, finance support for transportation initiatives, oversight in setting goals and objectives plus ad hoc analysis as requested. Requires solid understanding of budget and forecasting processes, cost trends and strong communication and presentation skills. The position is a heavy user of excel spreadsheets and other related software for analysis purposes.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Act as a liaison between Finance and Transportation Operations and provide decision support for all financial matters. Provides financial analysis to Ross & dd's Discount management team to assess performance and evaluate options. Provide finance support for projects, ocean freight and other ad hoc requests.
- Lead the generation of the annual budget and 5-year plan including assumption building and presentation materials. Present annual budget and 5-year plan to leadership team.
- Manage, develop, oversee and review weekly/monthly forecasts of Inbound Transportation expenses. Make recommendations and present variance results to leadership team.
- Manage the month close process including the review of monthly accruals for completeness and accuracy and providing variance explanations. Interact with corporate finance staff as required.
- Review the data and tools used in supporting Transportation assumptions, forecasting methodology, and results of weekly expense forecasts. Recommend improvements in monitoring and forecasting processes and tools.
- Recruit, train and develop finance team members.COMPETENCIES:
- Analysis and Judgment
- Business Acumen
- Attention to Detail
- Drives ResultsQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS/BA in accounting or finance required.
- 2+ years of management experience preferred.
- Prior experience with supply chain or logistics analysis highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills; confidently interact with senior personnel.
- Ability to thoroughly question the information provided by others in a non-adversarial manner.
- Understanding of budget preparation and variance analysis.
- Confidentiality concerning all projects.
- Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines and rapidly changing priorities.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of accounting theory and strong mathematical skills.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Hyperion.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.DISCLAIMERThis job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.