Marketing Manager, North America
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
- Partner with the Sr. Marketing Director to develop and execute seasonal marketing strategies that support key business and brand objectives
- Partner with Merchandising, Buying and Planning teams to identify and steer opportunities that support monthly objectives
- Serve as the dedicated Outlet marketing partner across the organization, working most closely with the Global Marketing, Store Operations, Field Leadership, Digital, Visual, Creative and Project Management teams
- Support cross-channel initiatives and oversee the correct and timely delivery of creative assets and store communications
- Partner with the CRM team to refine and support programs that leverage customer insights and data capture
- Track and report monthly KPIs
- Manage the annual marketing budget, with support from the Sr. Marketing Director and Finance partners
Report to: Sr. Marketing Director, North America
This role is responsible for day-to-day Outlet marketing initiatives, which can include store collateral and signage, store emails, store communications, promotional offers, out-of-home advertising and store-specific support. The right candidate should have a proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives, inclusive of positively and proactively collaborating, problem solving, and navigating complexity. While this position partners with the Sr. Marketing Director and key internal stakeholders, success necessitates the leadership and independent thinking to gather information needed to diagnose problems, make recommendations, and exercise independent thinking to make effective decisions.
- Must have 3-5 years of relevant retail marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience planning and managing projects from beginning to end, such as customer events, new store openings and new category launches
- Demonstrated experience approaching problems with open-mindedness, such as identifying on-brand and business-driving opportunities that challenge the status quo
- Thorough understanding of marketing metrics
- Experience in budget management
- Excellent communication, collaborative, and presentation skills
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.