Marketing Manager, us Skincare - Philosophy
Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Contribute to development of 3-year brand strategy
- Aid in the development of strategic growth plans to drive market share and financial targets.
- Support in media planning, pricing, merchandising and promotional strategy
- Support end-to-end media plan process from media agency briefing to approval requests
- Collaborate on influencer strategy with in-house Influencer Team
- Keep track of weekly market share (NPD), rankings at retailers and POS data (internal system)
- Special focus on tracking online channel sales, social trends
- Prepare brand reviews decks for management
- Create 360 launch plans
- Update launch calendar and launch reports on a weekly basis
- Work in close partnership with Global Marketing teams (based in New York City) to support global in the development of long term strategic direction including innovation pipeline
- Perform competitive analyses
- Constantly analyze risks and opportunities
- Track revenue forecast and marketing spend budget (A&CP) vs. actuals and plan
- Proficient P&L management and ownership
- Manage all forecasting (saleable and non-saleable items): enter forecast in system for initiatives based on benchmark, fragrance trends and retailer feedback. Update forecast as needed.
- Work with Demand Planning and Sales Operations teams to ensure accuracy in forecasts and calendarization of saleable and promotional items in order to achieve quarterly profit targets.
- Keep SKU assortment lists by retailer or channel updated and communicate with cross-functional teams accordingly.
- Provide SKU logistics information to cross-functional teams as requested.
- Monitor inventory levels.
Merchandising (Online, Brick and Mortar)
- Work with local and global merchandising teams on strategy as well as instore and online execution.
- Ensure brand cohesiveness across all brick & mortar doors despite customization by channel as well as online.
- Ensure brand guidelines are respected in all instore merchandising executions (permanent and temporary) as well as online.
- Sign off on all visual merchandising concepts and renderings.
- Create, review and approve all planograms.
- Ensure perfect in-store and online execution of the brand.
- Enable the field sales and education teams for engaging fragrance instore events.
- Monitor online stores and B&M stores on a regular basis (following company's health and safety guidelines).
- Update sell books.
- Update creative assets library (pack shots, product descriptions, mock ups, online assets, visual merchandising guidelines, education guidelines).
- Plan trade activation with sales (sell-in, sell-thru teams) and channel strategy teams.
- Create and update retailer presentations as required.
- Present novelties and brand strategy to retailers and business partners.
- Collaborate on Ecommerce strategy (Retailer.com, Pure Players).NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS: 0 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: (Academic, Professional, Relevant Job Knowledge)
- Knowledge in all areas of marketing (programs development, media planning including digital, market analysis, market research, P&L management, marketing plans development) and project management skills.
- Strong commercial mindset and business acumen with deep analytical skills.
- Very strong attention to detail: the ideal candidate will love digging into details
- Strong knowledge of US beauty & skincare environment - luxury in particular, (competitive brands, retail environment, digital activations).
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- NPD Market Research, MS Office (proficient in Excel and PowerPoint).
- 5+ years relevant work experience in marketing
- A bachelor's degree is required, and an MBA is preferred. SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED: Analytical & Strategic- Big picture thinking, Planning, creativity, problem solving and analysisBusiness- Work-flow structuring, product knowledge, account administration, automated office systems, multi-tasking, analytical, quantitative, organizational, detail-oriented, time managementCreativity and Innovation- Creativity, originality, intuition
Leadership and Personal- Communication, objectivity, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, impact, tenacity, autonomy, collaboration, resourceful