Country : USA
State : Kentucky
County : Fayette County
Town : Lexington
Category : Purchasing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Work safely at all times by consistently following safe work procedures for your position. Promptly report all incidents and safety issues to your supervisor and/or manager.
- Actively create, participate and encourage lean activities and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Review MRP messages for accuracy and action exceptions appropriately.
- Purchase raw materials for use in Forest Hill Facility and Dominican Republic (DR) facility to ensure material availability for timely work order execution by issuing purchase orders and work orders for production materials and subcontractor supplies.
- Responsible for ensuring flow of product through receiving and into available inventory.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels and disposition the slow moving inventory report on a monthly basis. Ensure data integrity of all product information.
- Communicate and collaborate with Suppliers to resolve any material availability issues.
- Responsible for managing relationships with specific vendors and serving vendors and servicing as the organization’s point of contact.
- Provide support to the organization for problems with vendor products and services.
- 3-5 years experience in Purchasing/Precurement
- MRP-System experience in a Supply Chain Manufacturing Organization
- Strong background in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Strong mathematical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service skills The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
- APICS Certification or currently pursuing
- Knowledge of JD Edwards andn JDA business system
- Inventory Management Skills