Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Raw Materials Development to...
- Assist the RM team for the ordering, scheduling, tracking, and reporting on seasonal proto & market leathers
- Assist the team to prepare all material submissions with Design & PD Teams
- Strive to ensure Buy Ready status of all raw materials by PO placement
- Organize, maintain, track material development information and references
- Maintain material development charts that are shared cross-functionally
- Ensure that the EcVision database is complete, accurate and updated in a timely manner
- Accurate follow up with overseas suppliers for status updates
- Possess an awareness of the product development timeline and understand how their function relates to the big picture
- Attend cross functional meetings, provide up to date information on hardware development status to internal teams
- Proactively communicate with the team and cross functional partners about material development status, material sample orders, and any delays/issues
- Collaborate with team to maintain and organize materials and color library as well as archiving system that includes development folders and article masters.
- Maintain clear communications within the internal and external team
- Manage the inbound and outbound packages
- Maintain upkeep and organization of sourcing closet
- Special projects as assigned.
- College degree required
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Raw Material Development including the categories of handbags, SLGs and/or Tech Accessories
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills - able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Initiative/sense of urgency
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software such as Excel, Word, Power Point and EcVision
- Embrace changes, able to adapt and excel in a rapidly evolving and growing environment
- Strategic thinker
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Understanding of characteristics of raw materials for the leathergoods category
- Experience working with global raw material suppliers