Country : USA
State : New York
Town : New York
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
UNIQLO continues to open large-scale stores in some of the world's most important cities and locations, as part of its ongoing efforts to solidify its status as a truly global brand. Today the company has a total of more than 1,200 stores in 14 markets worldwide including Japan, China, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, U.K. and U.S. In addition, Grameen UNIQLO, a social business established in Bangladesh in September 2010, opened its two first stores in Dhaka in July 2013. UNIQLO operates an integrated business model under which it designs, manufactures, markets and sells high-quality, casual apparel. The company believes that truly great clothes should be supremely comfortable, feature universal designs, are of high quality and offer a superb fit to everyone who wears them.
With a corporate statement committed to changing clothes, changing conventional wisdom and change the world, Fast Retailing is dedicated to creating great clothing with new and unique value to enrich the lives of people everywhere. For more information about UNIQLO and Fast Retailing, please visit www.uniqlo.com and www.fastretailing.com.
JOB TITLE: Merchandising Planner
LOCATION: New York, NY
The Merchandising Planner builds financial sales, gross margin and inventory plans for multiple departments in a given area on an item level basis. They will manage and plan merchandise inventory positions and markdown strategies to drive departmental sales, inventory, profit and sell thru objectives. The Merchandise Planner also provides in-season financial projections and strategies while identifying risks and opportunities to maximize profits. They are also responsible for providing the store allocators with the necessary guidance and direction to help them achieve their objectives.
- Build financial sales, gross margin and inventory plans at a weekly level at the item level
- Create pricing strategy by item that maximizes sales and gross profit
- Reforecast business in-season based on current performance, present revised projections and recommendations to cross functional partners and senior leadership
- Create allocation strategies, incorporating the merchandise plan and flow strategy to meet store inventory needs.
- Create and plan product assortments (item, color, size) for each product category
- Manage replenishment plans to ensure that sales are optimized, and stores are without missing skus
- Place orders for both seasonal and replenishment product buys
- Collaborate with cross functional departments, ie. Marketing and Store Operations, to ensure success of product strategies
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-4 years of experience in planning or merchandising
- High level of experience and proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in other Microsoft Office products- Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent analytical and mathematical proficiency with strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Sense of urgency and accuracy
Posting Notes: New York || New York (US-NY) || United States (US) || Experienced Professional || Corporate || UNIQLO || EX:OUT || UNIQLO ||