Country : USA
State : Wisconsin
County : Kenosha County
Town : Kenosha
Category : Logistics
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
This role is located at our global headquarters in Kenosha, WI (near Milwaukee, WI and Chicago, IL) and we are excited to meet you in person! We are not able to sponsor employment visas for this role at this time.
For more than 140 years, Jockey has been providing families with quality and comfort they can trust, and will continue to be there for generations to come. The inspirational stories of our everyday heroes exemplify our values of authenticity, courage, hope and family.
Jockey is committed to quality and innovation, and the passionate pursuit to satisfy the human need for comfort continues to be the company's hallmark. Jockey products are sold in more than 145 countries, making us one of the most well-known apparel brands around the world.
What We Stand For:
Jockey's culture reflects the values of our leadership. Success is achieved through hard work, mutual respect, and offering consumers products with striking quality and style from a brand they trust. Jockey associates and Jockey products are the genuine article. Retail is where the Jockey Lifestyle Brand meets the community. We were just named one of the Dave Thomas' Foundation's top Adoption-Friendly employers. Our non-profit 501c(3) Jockey Being Family organization helps to strengthen adoptive families in a variety of ways. We encourage our employees to take part in their community and enable them to support their volunteer passion with 40 hours of paid volunteer time annually.
Jockey is seeking a Merchandise Planner to join our team. This is perfect for an assistant merchandise planner or assistant buyer who is looking to grow their career in fashion in a corporate setting.
- Develop and deliver seasonal department and category plans that meet financial targets
- Collaborate with merchandising on the development of unique assortments based upon defined store attributes
- Run open to buy within managed categories of product identifying opportunities and developing strategies to support financial targets
- Assist with store inventory analytics and KPI's to maximize store sales opportunities
- Create demand plans, within managed categories, that support financial targets
What we are looking for:
- 3 years of experience as an assistant buyer or merchandise planner
- Bachelor's Degree in Merchandising, Fashion, Business or related field
- Must have experience with retail either from a corporate merchandising, buying or similar. We may consider related experience with background working in a retail store.
- Experience with MS Excel and able to carryout data analytics functions, sorting, charting, and formatting.
- Change management focus
Jockey offers employees:
- Full-time employment with competitive salary and benefits (including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation and holidays)
- A consistent first shift, weekday work schedule
- Onsite health & wellness programs and generous employee discounts
- Fashion-forward, business casual work environment (Jeans are ok!)
- 40 hours per year of paid volunteer time
- PTO/shut down the week between Christmas and New Year's
Jockey International, Inc., and its subsidiaries, provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures.